Sign in with
Your question

AMD and its Market share

Last response: in CPUs
January 25, 2002 4:53:30 PM

Everyone knows that 2001 was a great year for AMD. It's Athlon and Athlon XP processors were doing great even when the market wasn't good. It was gaining market share. But Reading this article from CNet...

http://news.com.com/2100-1001-822642.html

...it looks like the momentum is over for AMD. They lost market share in Q4 of 2001. What gives? I think they need to start thinking about this and respond back. May be it's due to the Athlon XP's Speed limit. It seems like they will need to go to .13u to get more juice out of it. So what's the status of .13u for AMD. I would sure love to know. Anyways, I just wanted you guys to look at it.

KG

More about : amd market share

January 26, 2002 3:31:00 AM

Big oem sales are always huge during christmas, and all big oems use intel, wait to see if the loss of share continues into the 1st q of this year before pronouncing amds rush dead.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!
January 26, 2002 5:18:12 AM

AMD is momemtum is limit for the 1 quarter

Intel have there celeron tuatulin
There DDR chipset for P4 and sis 645 for upper mainstream
Overlocker have the northwood
Power useur have the northwood.

So the main upper mainstream will stay maily under AMD.XP 1800+ 1700+ 1600+.

http://gamershq.madonion.com/products/orb/?publish_comp...;P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by juin on 01/26/02 03:56 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
Related resources
January 26, 2002 5:28:29 AM

I didnt understand any of that juin, sorry.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!
January 26, 2002 5:59:25 AM

Overlock?

And anyways, the Duron STILL beats the celeron in the majority of cases and its STILL cheaper. Not only that, but good luck finding a board that supports the Tualutin Celly.

Hard work often pays off in time, but laziness always pays off now.
!