BSoD ruining my gaming life.

bliske

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
I don't see how this could be happening, i haven't had this problem persist before it's "new that it's happening today, it's a world first to have happened about a solid 10 times, i don't want to Jinx it but it hasn't happened for about 40 minutes"

But I've been looking everywhere possible, been deleting recent computer downloads, been looking inside my PC for possibly dust buildups, there is a bit of dust nothing that could be the cause behind it since it was running perfectly fine yesterday, and now it's gone to S..."

I was thinking it was the recent Action RPG that i have been playing, thinking that somewhere a long the lines that it could be the problem, looked through technical support (people have been having a few sound card issues - using the "creative" sound card, not sure if i have the same card, well from what i'm looking at my audio is just pretty custom, realtek audio. but i use my logitech headset to hear the sound, so i am guessing i don't have that sound-card.

The error code was like 0x0000000000000003 and some other ones

edit: inbetween posting this it just happened again, didn't catch the codes there was 0x0000f4 or something, then a mumbled one which i couldn't follow.

PLEASE help i've been helped here so many times befor!

go to another pc make a hirem boot cd or usb stick. scan for virus first then run memtest86 to see if there a bad stick of ram in your rig. run hd tune and check your hd health and run the vendor test tools. run hardware monitor to check that the system temps and voltages are fine. check in the bios that the mb not over clocked..unstable. run cpu-z check the ram speed/timing and voltages. look at the spd tab to make sure the mb set the ram speed to what your ram can run at. download gpu-z check that the video card is read right and the pci slot is working.

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Can you system restore before you do the cleanup (or did you do a windows cleanup+dust or just dust??), system repair in last resort if you changed something in windows...

Try to reseat all expansion cards and ram module (RAM is a common random BSOD maker) Make sure it's at it's specified voltage/settings in the BIOS (sometimes if CMOS is cleared, ram return to a default 1333 or 1600 and not all module like this...)

FYI: USB headset include an USB soundcard within their assembly

bliske

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
I must be dumb legit, no components have been changed.

My specs (wouldn't really know where to find them on my computers)

And unfortunately i can't system restore further back then when this has all started happening.

my specs are:

Intel Core i5 2500K

Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST31000524AS

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM

Crucial M4 SSD 64GB

Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

800W Strike X PSU (old one blew up)

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 Motherboard

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler

LG GH24NS70 24x SATA DVD-RW Drive OEM

Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Overclocked 3GB

to your comment spawn, i meant dust (as in- inside my rig, to see if it could be blocking anything from working properly) i'm confused man, this hasn't happened befor.

To smorizio - no clue what you mean lol

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
If you unmount and remount every parts in there, make sure all of these part is seated correctly... (i suggest to remove, check if there's any dust directly in the slot and put in place firmly to make sure all pins make good contact) You can remove and use a compressed air can directly in the slot to make sure there's no dust at all...

Other than that, PSU and RAM are the most common BSOD issue i've seen so i suggest to start with memtest86 (may need multiple at the same time to test all your ram) run it maybe a complete night and see if there's error or if system crash... If error or crash, remove all ram sticks and test 1 at the time (only 1 stick in single channel, make sure it's ok, then replace it with another and repeat as much as you have sticks left...) Make sure to run at least 8 hours on each (the longer the better)

I've seen some Vengeance fail so i guess it's your ram (seen 2 kits of Vengeance 1600 CL9 i've builded and 0 Kingston HyperX or G.skill kit where faulty on 20 different PC i've builded recently...)

All that reinforce by the random BSOD that was already triggered me on ram before i know you had Vengeance in there...

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Memtest 86 test your ram by calculating nowhere data randomly and for as long as you want (it will saturate your ram) so if a certain chip on a certain dimm is failing, you'll need to full ram to eventually use this dead chip (it's randomly fulled so we can't reproduce at 100% by ourself)

If memtest detects errors, remove and test 1 stick 8hours each to make sure they're stable and surely you'll have 1 dead stick (will work but one cell is dead and when you use it, BSOD...)

PS: Memset only test a limited quantity of ram by app so for 8gb you'll need multiple memtest running at the same time...