Data Recovery

Hello All-

A Dell Dimension computer where I worked seems to have had a HD failure. When
booting up, it says "No Boot Volume" and HD makes a bad clicking sound. I
guess it is history. This computer was rarely backed up. Does anyone know of
a good data recovery company? How likely is it that the data can be recovered?

Thanks!
Jim

seen this happen with my neighbors system. take the drive out of the system
and put it into another system as a second drive. it may not be completely
dead yet. try rebooting several times and see if you can get to it after
each reboot. if you can, quickly copy the data files you need to the other
drive. if it does become accessible, consider it the very last chance
you'll get to retrive your files. never know, you might luck out...

"JBlock56" <jblock56@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hello All-
>
> A Dell Dimension computer where I worked seems to have had a HD failure.
When
> booting up, it says "No Boot Volume" and HD makes a bad clicking sound. I
> guess it is history. This computer was rarely backed up. Does anyone
know of
> a good data recovery company? How likely is it that the data can be
recovered?

> Thanks!
> Jim

Ontrack (www.ontrack.com) is among the best. Chances are it can be
recovered - but the cost won't be trivial - figure on $5,000 and up for a
moderate amount of data.

"JBlock56" <jblock56@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hello All-
>
> A Dell Dimension computer where I worked seems to have had a HD failure.
When
> booting up, it says "No Boot Volume" and HD makes a bad clicking sound. I
> guess it is history. This computer was rarely backed up. Does anyone
know of
> a good data recovery company? How likely is it that the data can be
recovered?

> Thanks!
> Jim

i have had many positive experiences with the integrity and success of
http://datasavers.com
they have relationships with hard drive manufactures so that they can obtain
your replacement drive for you and put your recovered data on the
replacement drive. it is rare that data can not be recovered from a failed
hard disk.