Tungsten E SD Card Help - Please

April 14, 2005 4:28:41 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I just recently purchased a new Tungsten E with a 256MB SD card. Whenever I
do a "quick install" to the SD card, I can't find the application I'm
installing - whether it be a video, pictures, applications, etc.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

TIA....Dan

More about : tungsten card

Anonymous
April 14, 2005 8:15:51 AM

On 13-Apr-2005, "Dan" <dan@nospam.net> wrote:

> I just recently purchased a new Tungsten E with a 256MB SD card. Whenever
> do a "quick install" to the SD card, I can't find the application I'm
> installing - whether it be a video, pictures, applications, etc.
>
> Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

From the Palm launcher screen, tap up in the top right corner where it will
say "All" or "Main". When the list opens, you'll find your card listed at
the bottom; tap on it to select the card and the programs should magically
appear.

Reading the manual that came with your Palm always helps!

WyreNut

--
Always remember to Eschew Obfuscation!
April 14, 2005 7:01:02 PM

"Wyrenut" <me@home.com> wrote in message

> On 13-Apr-2005, "Dan" <dan@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>> I just recently purchased a new Tungsten E with a 256MB SD card. Whenever
>> do a "quick install" to the SD card, I can't find the application I'm
>> installing - whether it be a video, pictures, applications, etc.
>>
>> Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>
> From the Palm launcher screen, tap up in the top right corner where it
> will
> say "All" or "Main". When the list opens, you'll find your card listed at
> the bottom; tap on it to select the card and the programs should magically
> appear.
>
> Reading the manual that came with your Palm always helps!
>
> WyreNut
>
> --
> Always remember to Eschew Obfuscation!

WyreNut,

I've done that. Nothing appears?????

Dan
April 14, 2005 9:50:38 PM

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:01:02 GMT, Dan wrote:
> I've done that. Nothing appears?????

If you add files via a card reader on a pc or something, you have to
put the files in the correct directories.

I think you have to put program files in the directory X:\Palm\launcher.
If you formatted the card with the pda device the correct directory
should be created automatically.

--
Rolf Arne Schulze
Trans-atlantic weightloss challenge: http://tawlc.net/

On 14-Apr-2005, "Dan" <dan@nospam.net> wrote:

> WyreNut,
>
> I've done that. Nothing appears?????

Nothing eh? That's a bit vague of an answer. Do you see "All" "Main"
"Games", etc? Did you format the card with your Palm before using it?
(Card Info icon, pull down menu, "Format" then enter a name for the card).
Is the card inserted correctly, i.e. did you hear a "buh-deep" when you
inserted it?

WyreNut

--
If you had to ~run~ for your life, how long would you live?
!