Cant connect to internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jf29154

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Hello,
Cant connect to internet from wireless router. It says Im connected and I have ann excellent signal, yet when I click to get on the internet it wont connect.

Solution
In which case DNS flushing should solve it. Anyway kinda hard to say without knowing what router he is using. Alternatively you can also try and manually releasing and renewing the IP on the router. My guess though in all honesty is that there is just some temporary ISP problem.

Also the connection doesn't have to mean he has legitimate access. You can try this yourself by turning on MAC filter on your router. This will allow you to connect to the network with full signal strength, yet returns only garbage to client requests not on the mac list.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

If the OP is connected, as indicated, he has the key. I have seen times when the DNS settings need to be manually set to overcome a glitch in the router's DHCP/DNS config (thus the earlier suggestion).

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
In which case DNS flushing should solve it. Anyway kinda hard to say without knowing what router he is using. Alternatively you can also try and manually releasing and renewing the IP on the router. My guess though in all honesty is that there is just some temporary ISP problem.

Also the connection doesn't have to mean he has legitimate access. You can try this yourself by turning on MAC filter on your router. This will allow you to connect to the network with full signal strength, yet returns only garbage to client requests not on the mac list.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.