IP routing

I have a MN-700. I am trying to set a fixed ip routing from 204.176.49.2
always to 192.168.2.110 within my LAN.

Where can I enter these settings?

On my old Linksys, it had a setting tab to do this/

Thanks
mehtaa1@tht.net

im thinkink you need to set your nic to auto dhcp. rclick my network
places,properties,tcpip,properties.

"bdo" wrote:

> I have a MN-700. I am trying to set a fixed ip routing from 204.176.49.2
> always to 192.168.2.110 within my LAN.
>
> Where can I enter these settings?
>
> On my old Linksys, it had a setting tab to do this/
>
> Thanks
> mehtaa1@tht.net

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

I'm not sure what the 204.176.49.2 address represents, but
if it is an outside address, ie the WAN address of the
gateway, and you are trying to allow outside access to a
service on the inside, what you are looking for is port
forwarding. For example, if you have a website on the
192.168.2.110 machine, you will set up the gateway to do
persistant port forwarding of all port 80 TCP traffic to
192.168.2.110. If it is another service, such as FTP, the
correct port(s) must be forwarded. This is found
under "Security -> Port Forwarding - Persistant Port
Forwarding.

The 204 address is your external IP address, the internet address. What you
want to do is setup persistent port forwarding (under security) on your
MN700. You want to setup either a specific port, to forward to a specific
address and port. In the config it will look something like: description:
web traffic, inbound ports: 80 to 80 forward to ip address: 192.168.2.110,
private ports: 80 to 80.

Matt