Your question

AMD's NEW NAMES!!!

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • AMD
  • Processors
Last response: in CPUs
January 28, 2002 1:38:24 PM

Amd is getting ready to name their new k8 processor the "<A HREF="http://www.mulletron.com/" target="_new">Mulletron</A>"

these are just rumors atm, but it shows AMD's love for those Canadians, eh?

FORTON
METARON
*MULTEON
VANTON
OPTERON

From <A HREF="http://www.amdzone.com/#1" target="_new">http://www.amdzone.com/#1&lt;/A>

I hope no Canadian or mullet head takes offence to this, it is only in jest this post is, eh?

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

More about : amd names

January 28, 2002 1:42:06 PM

AmD merely requested the rights to those names, it dosent mean they will ever use them.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!
January 28, 2002 4:24:55 PM

I thought you believed AMDZone to be unreliable. Does this mean people can post benchmarks from there?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Related resources
January 28, 2002 4:52:45 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, what do these names have to do with Canada or Canadians?

RAM Disk is not an instalation step.
January 28, 2002 9:06:31 PM

Meltdown, why do you fully capitalize all the subjects of your posts? Is your Caps Lock key stuck down?

Hard work often pays off in time, but laziness always pays off now.
January 28, 2002 9:36:56 PM

overclockers.com said they should name their next chip the "HardOn"...lol

Seriously though, AMDMeltdown, you gotta lay off the crack...That mullet joke was both stupid AND lame.

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.
January 29, 2002 12:30:09 AM

none of those names are as silly as that dastardly PR rating!

<i>Hi I am from Canada, I don't use amd cause they melt my igloo eh.</i>
January 29, 2002 1:24:46 AM

I'd have to agree with Intel_inside there. When I heard that AMD was going to start using PR ratings again for their upcoming Athlon XP processors, I was shocked that AMD decided to go back to the dark ages. The PR ratings aren't useless, but they're not very useful. Even if AMD were to remove the PR ratings, they'd still have a 1.66GHz that is able to compete with a 2.2GHz processor on most apps. It really rather pointless and even insulting for the enthusiast but at least AMD will get more money from OEM buyers.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
January 29, 2002 1:34:26 AM

yeah... i think the PR rating is dumb.
but it seems to be working!
proly becauze there are a hell of alot of idiots out there who dont know the difference between a monitor and a case. :) 

The lack of thermal protection on Athlon's is cunning way to stop morons from using AMD. :) 
January 29, 2002 1:46:06 AM

Damn those are some lame-assed names, I hope they dont use any of them.
January 29, 2002 9:25:55 AM

Quote:
1.66GHz that is able to compete with a 2.2GHz processor on most apps. It really rather pointless and even insulting for the enthusiast but at least AMD will get more money from OEM buyers.

Too bad the whole market arent enthusiasts and most of them dont know jack about computers.

January 29, 2002 1:48:53 PM

Quote:
none of those names are as silly as that dastardly PR rating!

Oh cry me a river you friggin baby.

Trusting every aspect of our lives to a giant computer was the greatest thing we ever did -Homer
January 29, 2002 5:35:05 PM

Please refrain from responding to my posts untill you reach the maturity of a 12 year old.

January 29, 2002 6:14:59 PM

You'll have to abide by your own rule, though.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
January 29, 2002 6:37:21 PM

Quote:
Please refrain from responding to my posts untill you reach the maturity of a 12 year old.

I'm afraid I'll respond with what ever maturity I choose. So until you control me you'll just have to quit crying every time you say something stupid and someone else points it out.

Trusting every aspect of our lives to a giant computer was the greatest thing we ever did -Homer
January 29, 2002 7:43:00 PM

gotta love the personal attacks eh? Get use to it here. Thats all they ever do. I don't have to prove it just read the posts'.

try anandtech. None of them make personal attacks (that i have seen) and they help you no matter in their POV how stupid the question may be. Say you ask what a cpu is. they'll answer you. here, you'll get a smart ass remark with a personal attack on the side after you reply.

join team anandtech! :)  oh wait thats there seti program. hehe. In the seti forum you can ask anything and they are super polite and gives you a warm welcome. Unlike here where the forum cliks' rule. general anandtech forum is nice too.

Just so you know. *shrugs*

have fun!

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>
January 29, 2002 7:43:00 PM

Quote:
You'll have to abide by your own rule, though.

You're absolutely right although I doubt that he will.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
January 29, 2002 8:17:06 PM

AMEN!!! Some people on this site are so stupid sometimes, they are extreemly mean and start meaningless attacts on others for no reason. You can't go around acting like a 12 year old because others do it too. People need to show a little more respect. Of couse, now here comes the part where some guy who is defending his right to act like a 12 year old, replies to this post and makes some stupid little attact that means nothing to me and just makes him look even more like a 12 year old.

taylor
January 29, 2002 8:31:46 PM

well alot of pc enthusiast forums have that common male 'my pc is bigger than yours' mentality. So I'm not surprised the way alot of people attack each other, especially ones who bring up good points and are 'attacked' by a specific breed of zealot.

January 29, 2002 8:32:04 PM

"AMEN!!! Some people on this site are so stupid sometimes, they are extreemly mean and start meaningless attacts on others for no reason. You can't go around acting like a 12 year old because others do it too. People need to show a little more respect. Of couse, now here comes the part where some guy who is defending his right to act like a 12 year old, replies to this post and makes some stupid little attact that means nothing to me and just makes him look even more like a 12 year old"

I always get attacked at every turn, does not bother me at all! it is so laughable!

just speak your mind and you'd be alright here.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"
January 29, 2002 8:36:12 PM

Didn't you say you were leaving and never coming back? I might be thinking of someone else.

January 29, 2002 8:39:13 PM

I was thinking of doing that but didn't bring it up, but people seem to be acting alot more sane lately, so I think I will stay.

January 29, 2002 9:05:59 PM

Actually, people won't bash you if you don't bash them. Stop calling Matisaro a troll everytime he has a point and does nothing trollish of the kind, for example!

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
January 30, 2002 9:51:41 AM

Quote:
Actually, people won't bash you if you don't bash them. Stop calling Matisaro a troll everytime he has a point and does nothing trollish of the kind, for example!

Thanks AMD_man, intel_insides crusade against me is laughable though.

!