Sign in with
Your question

Intel problems?

Last response: in CPUs
January 29, 2002 3:06:05 AM

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/23845.html
http://www.overclockers.com/tips814/

I let you all read up. Frist one was on a mess up Amd beating intel and it seems There been some problems with Intel on the overclockers.com

More about : intel problems

January 29, 2002 3:43:30 AM

Intel is in no hurry to release anything noteworthy. They have all the big Mhz numbers on their side and their customers are distracted by anything shiny. As long as their customers know that the number 2.2Ghz > 1.666 Ghz then Intel is happy.

It's all about marketing, not performance anymore.

What bothers me most is that the prices are rising again to ridiculous regions. Pentium 4 prices are rising on pricewatch and now are over 50% more expensive for their top of the line processor compared to AMD. This is of course based on the cheapest dealers which are of course crappy on resellerratings.com. AMD is luckily starting to provide sub $100 processor prices again, but this marketing war is not doing us any favors.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>
Related resources
January 29, 2002 11:36:26 AM

Hmm - 1st article, observational, entirely factual and almost 100% off the point.

Yes, it is true that apps will load, text will scroll and directories will list, and data will copy at almost identicl speeds even in competition between a 1.2 and 2 GHZ cpu. No real surprises there. What would be of more interest is how long did his freqeuent kernel compiles take, his image manipulation, his audio encoding etc. Those are the areas that we know stress cpu power. His review is almost completely 100% factual and 100% useless.

2nd article - a rare sighting. Possibly isolated, possibly due to memory ratios or similar. Let's wait for a few more sample sets.

3rd article - old(ish) news all over THG and other forums. Yes interesting etc.

-* <font color=red> !! S O L D !! </font color=red> *-
To the gentleman in the pink Tutu
January 29, 2002 3:45:42 PM

I am getting tired of AMD fans yelling up and down when they find one Intel system with Problems. Here's my list of AMD Problems....
This is just from the First 10 Threads from THG @ 9:40pm Pacific Standard Time.

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&...

Now Show me one from a Intel User. You may have to go 2-3 pages down to find one.

I am not trying to say Intel doesn't have problems. But I am getting tired of these posts when an user didn't know what he was doing and got errors. And If you read the previous links you will notice that the User were just confused about what they were doing and screwed up. That doesn't mean it's AMD's fault. It could be many things. Just like in the other cases.

KG
January 29, 2002 4:05:18 PM

Quote:
I am getting tired of AMD fans yelling up and down when they find one Intel system with Problems.

Just to let you know that if you look at recent threads,most of the AMD problems reported are in fact the exact same kind of thread as this one...but reported by Intel fans...
I'm i not talking about people who got problems and comes here to get an answers but threads as this one is,quoting problems that are not from THG forums.
You'll notice that you will find a lot more Intel fans posting AMD problems that AMD posting against Intel.
Just do a research on the threads created by Melty and Intel_inside you'll be suprise.

So your point being ???

Sorry for my spelling I'm french...hey I ain't perfect!
January 29, 2002 6:39:27 PM

It's a Proven fact that AMD Fans will yell when they see that Intel Got probem and Intel Fans will do same when they find AMD got problem. But What I was trying to say that most of the people post links are either problems with their setup and/or something they did wrong while installing. Only thing I wanted to say was I am getting tired of these kind of posts.

KG
January 29, 2002 6:48:15 PM

Right now more people are enthusiasts building computers with good price/performance ratios. Well guess what, AMD fits the bill so there are more people building computers based off of AMD than Intel, so naturally I'd expect more problems from AMD than Intel. AMD even brings people into computer building that normally wouldn't, just because prices can be so low. So that brings in a bunch of noobs who are prone to messing things up (simple or major things) and then asking for help.
I'm afraid you'll just have to get used to it, this is a forum where people come for help not for starting topics of your interest.

Trusting every aspect of our lives to a giant computer was the greatest thing we ever did -Homer
January 30, 2002 9:54:41 AM

Quote:
It's a Proven fact that AMD Fans will yell when they see that Intel Got probem and Intel Fans will do same when they find AMD got problem. But What I was trying to say that most of the people post links are either problems with their setup and/or something they did wrong while installing. Only thing I wanted to say was I am getting tired of these kind of posts.

KG

When intel had problems with windowx xp and power usage software, no one posted it, but when the same issue was found with axp's AMDmeltdown posted it, causing kelledin to post the intel problem in his thread, IIRC.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!
!