Sign in with
Your question

Motorola hit a gigahert!

Last response: in CPUs
January 29, 2002 11:08:37 PM

We should through a fuc|<ing party or something. It will only be a few more years before the hit 2 gigahertz!!!!!! Granted they don't perform like PC chips but christ at least comparitively clocked chips should have come out a while ago.

Error RAID!!! Error RAID!!! Heads crashing down everywhere, oh the humanity!!!!

More about : motorola hit gigahert

January 29, 2002 11:24:11 PM

G4 has 4 altavec FPU's and they smoke at photoshop

Im yet to find anything to beat the G4 733 at photoshop filters and arbitrary rotates. Just about everything else is faster on PC. gaming and web surfing on the mac blows goats.
January 29, 2002 11:32:51 PM

Quote:
gaming and web surfing on the mac blows goats.

i don't recall seeing the power mac advertised for gaming/web browsing/etc. guess i should watch tv more then :/ 

happiness is finding a stick of ram in your mail.
January 30, 2002 3:49:30 PM

No, but there are enough Mac zealots that refuse to use a PC. FUGGER is right, Photoshop rocks on a Mac. Everything else, well, blows goats :wink:

I still can't believe that there are basically three games on Mac: Starcraft, Quake 3 and Escape Velocity. Supposedly Escape Velocity is a sweet game, but unless it comes out on PC, I'll never know.

Have you seen the Q3 frame rates Mac posted for the GF4MX? 115 FPS. That's right, around a third of the 3GHz P4 system with a GF3 (I think it was a GF3) that was benchmarked here at THG.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
January 30, 2002 7:12:10 PM

Photoshop, Photshop, Photoshop.

Not only is that the ONLY app designed and tweaked for the OS and the processor, its also the ONLY benchmark the Apple L-Users want to look at.

Coincidence?

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.
January 30, 2002 8:09:39 PM

No coincidence. It's also the only application used in Apple's famous benchmarks that show it's processor smoking x86.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
!