Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyLowG

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
I'm looking for a keyboard protector for my HP dv7qe. I've looked all over the internet and I have only seen 1 place that sells them. I'm surprised there isn't more of a market for this sort of thing for PCs. There is an abundance of MacBook keyboard protectors all over the internet but if you want one for PC you're screwed. I can't imagine I'm the only dv7 owner who hates how easily fingerprints and other crap show up on the keys. Thanks in advance!

KeyLowG

Well, there are only so many different MacBooks out there. If you live in a village and everyone wants to buy a current 15.6" MacBook Pro, guess what? You all have the same laptop with the same dimensions.

If in that same village everyone wanted a 15.6" laptop with a Core i7 CPU, guess what? You are gonna have an entire range of laptops from various brands of various dimensions that meet those two criterias.

What does that means? You have to make enough keyboard protectors for a specific model so that the cost per unit is reasonably low enough to attract buyers. You also need to sell enough of them to at the minimum break-even. What you really want is enough demand where you can actually make a good profit. Otherwise, you are wasting valuable resources (time, money, people, etc) that can be used on other projects to make money.

KeyLowG

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
That's a good point. However, how long has it been since HP has changed the size of their dv7 series? I'm sure it's more recently than apple, but you'd think that they would be able to work out a partnership w/ someone in order to make it economically viable, if not make it themselves. They offer enough size specific accessories as it is, what's one more piece of molded silicone?

sladez

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013

Hi KeyLowG,

I have also been looking for a keyboard cover for my HP. I have the 17.3" HP ENVY dv7-7273ca. You found 1 place that sells it, mind if you give me the link? I sent a request to this other site where they make hard shell covers for laptop/notebooks. They have various hardshell covers for mac book pros as well as some others and even HP but only up to dv6 at the moment.

Thanks,
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.