Articles & News
Graphics & Displays
Tom's IT Pro
Login | Sign Up
The authority on tech
Laptop Tech Support
Need help picking out a laptop
Jul 17, 2011, 4:53 PM
1. What is your budget? No more then 1500$
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15 inch only
3. What screen resolution do you want? The lower the better so gpu can work better like 1440 or so
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? I have a 7000$ dekstop;D
5. How much battery life do you need? 1-3 hours full load
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Medium to high
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? School work
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) 320gb and up
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Only trust us sites, falcon,sager,newegg,xotic pc
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Need it to last as least 3-4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need Would like a blu ray but dont need it
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I really dont want a Asus....
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I like some msi but they seem very over priced for what they are, i would prefer older dual gpus like 285m's or 4870's
Jul 18, 2011
need picking laptop
Jul 17, 2011, 4:54 PM
Right now i am looking at this laptop
Jul 17, 2011, 7:23 PM
That's a good laptop. I normally recommend Asus for gaming. But since your looking for a 15", The G53 wouldn't be such a good deal because they still use the 460m...
I'd go with the Sager.
What are the specs of that desktop?
Need help deciding on a laptop
Need help on choosing the right laptop
Help me find a laptop! Pls :p
Looking for a gaming laptop $1100-1400
AIT Soldier needing a laptop.
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Get the answer
Jul 18, 2011, 2:00 AM
2 gtx 590s 2600k phase changing:P
Jul 18, 2011, 2:12 AM
Q: Is it really worth the extra 590 though? I mean, is there a game that a 590 can't handle
Jul 18, 2011, 9:34 PM
I built it to last 5 years and it will.
Ask a new question
Need a gaming laptop ~$1,000
Need help picking gaming laptop for college
Hold off for Sandy Bridge & Asus? Or Sager?
Need A New Laptop...QUICK! *Please Help*
Need help choosing laptop
Need Help Picking Out A Laptop
Need help picking a laptop for college
Need a new laptop
Hunting for a new gaming laptop.
Help picking right laptop
Notebook Vs. Laptop
Need Help Finding a New Laptop
Subscribe to our newsletter
icon arrow stem circle
About Tom's Hardware
Licensing and Reprints
Other Shopsavvy sites
© 2017 Purch All Rights Reserved.