Which 26" Samsung, Syncmaster 2693HM or T260?

rsilves

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
I'd choose the 2693HM, just because it's brighter and also it has no vision-distracting design.
And I would never use dynamic contrast.
Both seem to have TN panels... so colours will be the same.

Besides that, they look similar.

Rodrigo

therock003

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
Yeah i hate the contrast as i factor. If a Monitor is Good i'd go for it even if it's 1:1 Contrast.

Anyway, well is the brightness difference significant? I mean in actuality not as a number (400>300).

But the T260 has such an attractive design that it's drawing me to it. I dont think that would distract me if i'm playing a Game or working on an application, but it's definitely nice to have when yu're wandering on the room and you sneak a peak on your Monitor.

Other than that i would really like to know about each Monitor actual Performance. Has somebody from here tried any one from these?

rsilves

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
I said "I'd choose the 2693HM, just because it's brighter and also it has no vision-distracting design.", but I actually cared only about the design. Brightness is only useful if you're going to use the monitor in a very lit place.
I do color correction (as a student, in Argentina, my conditions are very poor :p), and my 2032NW's brightness is always set at 18%. So I really don't use its brightness.

Considering your interest (gaming, and a good looking monitor), I'd choose the T260.

Anyway, I've never used any of those.

Rodrigo

G

Last week i got the 2693 HM from E-shop , compared to the T-260 is a much better monitor with lots of more many features. All the T260 has is a Marketing design and contrast ratio which is useless :eek:) Not to mention that the 2693 has 400 candles power compared to the T260 which has 100 less :D