Please help a n00b pimp his palm pilot

April 15, 2005 8:41:54 PM

I just got a Palm Pilot Zire 31. Right now, I basically just use it
for scheduling. However, there are thousands of programs and
accessories for it. What do you recommend that I get?

What would be something useful for everyone that I should get?

What would be useful for math and statistics? I'm taking mathematical
finance right now?

More about : n00b pimp palm pilot

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 2:38:28 AM

nlscb wrote:

> I just got a Palm Pilot Zire 31. Right now, I basically just use it
> for scheduling. However, there are thousands of programs and
> accessories for it. What do you recommend that I get?
>
> What would be something useful for everyone that I should get?
>
> What would be useful for math and statistics? I'm taking mathematical
> finance right now?

Power48, any of the Excel-workalikes.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

In article <1113608513.959976.274810@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
nlscb@yahoo.com says...
> I just got a Palm Pilot Zire 31. Right now, I basically just use it
> for scheduling. However, there are thousands of programs and
> accessories for it. What do you recommend that I get?
>
> What would be something useful for everyone that I should get?
>
> What would be useful for math and statistics? I'm taking mathematical
> finance right now?

Do a Google search for anything you can think of, just put a 'palm'
infront of it.

Like 'palm finance calculator'

--
Jim Anderson
( 8(|) To email me just pull my_finger

"nlscb" <nlscb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I just got a Palm Pilot Zire 31. Right now, I basically just use it
> for scheduling. However, there are thousands of programs and
> accessories for it. What do you recommend that I get?
>
> What would be something useful for everyone that I should get?
>
> What would be useful for math and statistics? I'm taking mathematical
> finance right now?

Your first two questions are a bit nebulous and open ended. What do you want
to do with the Palm? I personally like reading e-books and the occasional
game of solitare. I would recommend that you think about things you would
like to do with the palm and then ask specific questions about those
capabilities.

Cheers
TC
!