Win7 cant detect my PCI

amir89hamzah

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
i just install win7 then i find out that my PC cant detect any PCI ports because it do not have driver. i search on the driver CD then i see all the driver miss up. i weird, i think the drive can see in old OS, i look up in internet, it seem it do not have any compatible drive in win7. motherboard intel DG965RY
:pt1cable:

Solution
Windows 7 on a motherboard with a G965 chipset should have no problem detecting anything hooked up to the expansion slots. Download and install the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard (see the link buzznut posted). If whatever is connected to the ports is still not detected, get into your BIOS and see if the expansion slots are disabled.

Edit: after clicking the link buzznut posted, the link to the latest version of the chipset drivers is at the top of the list, titled "Chipset: Intel® Chipset Device Software for Intel® Desktop Boards".
Windows 7 on a motherboard with a G965 chipset should have no problem detecting anything hooked up to the expansion slots. Download and install the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard (see the link buzznut posted). If whatever is connected to the ports is still not detected, get into your BIOS and see if the expansion slots are disabled.

Edit: after clicking the link buzznut posted, the link to the latest version of the chipset drivers is at the top of the list, titled "Chipset: Intel® Chipset Device Software for Intel® Desktop Boards".

Solution