G

It's been a long time since i've revisited this forum. To those of you who were on this forum be4 the turn of the century, you may remember my name, and i definetely remembered Raystonn on this forum. To those who don't, i say hello to all the new members.

I have revisited this forum due to several reasons.
1. I remember hardware rocks!
2. I still visit THG website for hardware update and I am a subscribre of THG newsletter.
3. I'm currently planning an upgrade of my current Duron 700Mhz system, so I need some techie guide. I am a novice-moderate hardware ehtunsiast.

I'm planning on upgrading my computer. But I don't have any specific ideas on which parts to upgrade (I thought of replacing the CPU, that's why I put this thread in the CPU topic), becuz I'm more than happy with it's current performance, but anyways, I heard the Throughbred core AMD processors are coming out soon, so I'm hesitating right now. Should I buy the new Through-bred core processors with 0.13 micron when it comes out, or the older Palonino-core processors when the Through-bred core processors come out?

We put text in here and that's our signature?

I would wait for thorobred with it's .13 micron die, and see if it runs cooler. By then, the old xp's will be even cheaper. The kt333 boards may also be out by then, with usb 2.0 and agp 8x support.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Consider the following. (thx bill nye)

P4 1.6Ghz Northwood $148 PN# BX80532PC1600D
Abit BD7-RAID $120

This combo is the most bang for the buck, you can get a cheaper motherboard, but this one has tons of features, rock solid, and RAID for $120 bucks.

no need to wait till something else comes out, many months from now.

svol

Champion
The Athlon XP 1600 is just $104 and performs better then the Intel on many points.
And instead of that P4 mobo get the Abit KR7A-RAID for about $95.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Fugger, Thats far from the best bang for his buck.

Hell an axp 1500+ would out perform that chip at stock.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!