Sign in with
Your question

Cyrix, IBM, AMD , intel

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
February 1, 2002 5:52:20 PM

Here you post your opinion about best CPU and Why!!!

i'm think to buy some good CPU but i don't know which one

More about : cyrix ibm amd intel

February 1, 2002 5:58:20 PM

I like bubblegum!

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>
February 1, 2002 6:20:28 PM

Well I doubt anyone wants to buy any Underperforming Cyrix III Processor's so there out of the question......and the last actal x86 Processor IBM Made i believe was the 6x86 in con-cunction with Cyrix..........so I don't think you want any old-school Socket 7 room heaters that perform worse than anything......therefore that leaves you only two companies left...Intel..and AMD......

Traditionally, AMD Processors cost less than Intel processors.........the best current Intel processor is the 2.2GHZ Pentium 4 Northwood.....the best current AMD processor is the Athlon XP 2000+(unless they released a newer one, ive been away from my computer for about a week and a half, therefore I don;t know) which performs just about unpar to the P4 2.2GHz Northwood, but slightly under overall, but the price difference is a BIG Difference.....

Anyways, look at reviews of the Pentium 4 Vs. AMD Athlon XP........that'll probably help set you mind. Good Luck.

-MeTaL RoCkEr

My <font color=red>Z28</font color=red> can take your <font color=blue>P4</font color=blue> off the line!
Related resources
February 1, 2002 8:25:45 PM

I agree with scratching the IBM and Cyrix....complete trash. As for Intel vs AMD it all depends on what you are doing. Normally I would suggest the AMD cuz its price to performance ratio is FAR superior to Intels, howeverunder certain apps the P4 is better and if you are using those apps and the speed in those apps is critical to you then Intel is the way to go.

So all in all AMD is and has been the best overall solution since the Athlon was released.

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!
February 1, 2002 8:30:59 PM

the processor that controls my washing machine is the best processor of all ! Not sure who it is made by though :smile: .

<font color=purple>~* K6-2 @ 333MHz *~
I don't need a 'Gigahertz' chip to surf the web just yet ;-)</font color=purple>
February 1, 2002 8:36:42 PM

I've used both Pentiums and AMDs. Currently, I would still go with AMD because of the price/performance as mentioned by the other posters. Now if Intel would lower the cost of their CPU's to at least come close to AMD, then I would be inclined towards the Intel processors. BUT, seeing as that will NEVER happen because companies and some die-hard Intel fans will always be willing to pay more for less.

I will admit, though that I've had much better success building Intel-based systems. I've really never had trouble with Pentium systems like I do AMDs. I don't really blame AMD on this, because it could just be that hardware and software companies test most of their products on Intel-based system. Of course, I don't have any proof of this, but it seems like a reasonable theory.
February 1, 2002 9:25:02 PM

Quote:
I don't really blame AMD on this, because it could just be that hardware and software companies test most of their products on Intel-based system. Of course, I don't have any proof of this, but it seems like a reasonable theory.

i agree....intel and microsoft and "in bed" together so they're going to optimize stuff for each other.
not only that...since win 9x/me/2k/xp/nt is in the majority of computers...3rd party companies will make programs designed for microsoft and, in turn, make those programs for intel processors.
nuff said...

:mad:  <A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2096468" target="_new">P4 + SDRAM</A> = <b>BAD</b> :mad: 
a b à CPUs
February 1, 2002 9:46:15 PM

Probably Motorola.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
February 2, 2002 3:34:12 PM

thank you all for answering my quation!
The Cash isnt problem (i have good mom :) 

well i use *nix systems and and i love to playing admin on my computer (Apache,IIS,FTP etc.)

so i whoul'd like to be on-line 24/7 with out burned CPU
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
February 3, 2002 3:15:06 PM

What are the application that the PENTIUM
is better then the AMD ???

I ASK The same question ????
AMD withe 266DDR OR PENTIUM with PC800 RDRAM
( the money not important for now... )

Where i can find compare between thos too
( without over clocking - just under normal conditions )

Thank's,
Guy
!