Interesting P4 NW Benchmark

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Interesting, the xp2000 either lost VERY closely to the nw or crushed it by likt 10%+.

The nw2200, not just the nw2000.

Interesting.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

texas_techie

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2001
Those are interesting. I think his logic on using retail boards and the exact same hardware is commendable. Most people want to see "our best" vs "their best". But trying to use hardware the average user will have is fair IMO.
Any intel nuts wanna look at these benchmarks and give their 2 cents?

Benchmarks are like sex, everybody loves doing it, everybody thinks they are good at it.

<A HREF="http://www.lostcircuits.com/cpu/northwood" target="_new">clickable</A>

I was dissapointed with the 512k cahce efforts of the Northwood over the XP on apps etc. My old PII used to be really decent because of the 512k cache.

I noticed on some of the tests, as the resolution was increased, the XP started to catch up. Would this be because of the bottleneck at the graphics card?

Hmmm. Impressive CPU, but at 2.2GHz vs 1.66GHz its kinda poor, especially if you include the fact that the XP2000+ is nearly half the price of the Northwood in question, for about the same performance levels.

Nope. I'd not buy a Northwood.

:cool: <b><font color=blue>The Cisco Kid</font color=blue></b> :cool:

eden

Champion
Agreed and this really is one benchmark that does look more logical! using same hardware but different mobo and CPU is much more accurate.
If this is truly how it should perform then there is nothing to hype anymore, we got a 533MHZ gap and the AXP continues to be competitive and better, and for half the price? WOW. This keeps getting more rigged by the minute!
What's next then? Can't wait for that site to redo those tests with TBREDS or OCed AXPs like the one THG did!

--
The other day I heard an explosion from the other side of town.... It was a 486 booting up...

TRENDING THREADS