Couple of Japan Updates, Itanium Anyone?

Right,

Sold as seen, no idea how they got there, but <A HREF="http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba/hotline/20020202/etc_itanium.html" target="_new">Akiba</A> is linking a store in Tokyo selling 4MB and 2MB 800Mhz and 733Mhz 2MB Itaniums. Prices are approximately $300, $230 and $230 respectively. I think it is fair to say they do not carry a manufacturer warranty...

At the same time we find that Plextor have a <A HREF="http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba/hotline/20020202/etc_40xcdr.html" target="_new"><b>40</b>/12/40</A> CD-RW drive out. If they burn any faster, they will be burning faster than they read - now that would be odd.... :smile:

-* <font color=red> !! S O L D !! </font color=red> *-
To the gentleman in the pink Tutu
11 answers Last reply
More about couple japan updates itanium anyone
  1. I dont believe Either lol.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
    No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!
  2. be sure to add another zero to those itanium processor prices :smile:

This post is best viewed with common sense enabled
  3. Why?

4. Itaniums come at price between 3000$ - 6500$
    not 250-300$
    if you add another zero to the prices you published it would made sence.

5. Um - yes, that's why I posted - perhaps you should actually go and see the link first before you assume I cannot convert currencies.

¥39,800 for 800Mhz 4Mb cache
    ¥29,800 for 800Mhz 2Mb cache
    ¥29,800 for 733Mhz 2Mb cache

The point is I'm pretty sure that Intel didn't ship these things just in an anti-static bag to end up in an Akihabara shop window, therefore the whole issue becomes curious - no?

So, where do I buy an IA-64 mobo, power supply and memory?

6. LOL dunnu which platform itanium sits on... must be pretty damn expencve...

the add a zero thingy was just a joke on itanium high prices... if they are selling them for 300 bucks thats pretty Damn... somthing

7. Yeah, I was considering getting one just for posterity.

8. i actually found a projected chip that will put out more heat than an itanium!

its the next alpha running at 1 or 1.2ghz. 0.18 micron, 90million transistors, huge die, 150Watts of heat.

The lack of thermal protection on Athlon's is cunning way to stop morons from using AMD. :)
  9. Quote:

its the next alpha running at 1 or 1.2ghz. 0.18 micron, 90million transistors, huge die, 150Watts of heat.

*Drools* 90 million transistors *Drools*

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
  10. hahaha
    i was thinkin...
    get two of those suckers, park your ass cheeks on them and never get a cold bum again!

The lack of thermal protection on Athlon's is cunning way to stop morons from using AMD. :)
  11. ouch!

thats the last time i read your posts. i got two huge blisters on my asss.

<font color=purple><b>Let us respect each other, so we can all be friends.</b> :wink: </font color=purple>
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Burner