Blue Screen Of Death: New post (error codes)

bliske

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
I'm taking it to the repairs, I have realized i blue screen on about every single hour, i'm not sure if using it still is going to make the problem worse or not but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary happen in-between.

I am pretty stupid when it comes to computers, all i do is game that's the only thing i'm probably good with haha.

Okay the error codes of the stop-error:

0x000000F4 then in brackets (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA8008328B0, 0xFFFFFA8008328E10, 0xFFFFF800031CD4)

That's the error codes, so i'd appreciate the help, (i'm going to get it repaired friday - but if anyone know what the codes are would appreciate it) also i don't know how to run the memtest86 myself so i can't do that :\ Unfortunately hope the issue isn't that bad.

And if anyone knows what the price would roughly be (since if it's components) they will probably need to be replaced whatever is causing it)

So weird how your computer can go from perfectly fine one night, switch on the next and have problems every hour. :\

Solution
Excellent, nice work, now you need to wait and see if the crashes stop (or check in Device Manager that the new firmware is installed).

It'll be time to level up again ^^

bliske

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
What will happen to my computer if i don't back it up?

Don't have anything to back my files up :\

-dont have the money to buy an external HD, and if it's going to cost 100$ i might as-well lose files.

BUT i'm just curious what is the worst that could possibly happen if i went through with updating the firmware and i didn't back up my files?

satrow

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2013

If you don't back it up first, chances are very high that all data will be safe and Windows will boot correctly and stay up for days (providing there are no unseen bugs existing). The Crucial firmware update method is pretty safe - basically download then start it up, it asks if you want to reboot, you reboot and the firmware is installed, pretty painless really.

Look around for free online (Cloud) storage to backup any vital personal data; some email companies give you several GB, check yours. Do you have a method to reinstall Windows if it breaks?

The question about backups really depends on how much you value your data and time; a 10 pack of DVDs doesn't cost so much, and an external hard drive can be bought for $50 or so, I guess. Currently you have only ~45 minutes working time between crashes, you could backup a lot of data in that time - if you had an ext. drive.

Worst case scenario (at any time, not just when you update firmware) is that your data is lost, Windows and your computer won't start.

bliske

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

"Worse case scenario" - what's the likelihood of that happening? (not just when you update)

I don't mean that sort of stuff, I have online games downloaded, and asides that a lot of junk that i wouldn't really mind losing - but i mean if it does get wiped - it doesn't wipe the data that you use to keep your computer intact does it?

And yeah i do only have about 45 minutes of time inbetween crashes, the only main reason why i'm complaining is because i can't game because of the problem that if i crash on HC i'll die/ragequit. lol.

So even if i don't back up, there's still a chance my files can be left unharmed and everything could continue the way it was, and worst case is that my computer won't work :| risky.

satrow

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2013
If the only thing wrong with your computer is the outdated firmware, ie: it's clean of malware and you see no errors or strange behaviour elsewhere - then just update the firmware, save the money you'd have had to pay the shop to buy a new external drive and then learn how to backup regularly and how to recover/reload your backups.

Good quality brands of SSD's are likely to last as long as hard drives - and Crucial are among the best.

All hardware will break at some time, mostly in the first month or two of usage or as it reaches end-of-life, during the (hopefully) several years in between, it should all work perfectly.

As for software/data problems, your biggest problem is staying malware free and keeping the heat/dust bunnies down.

Bottom line: I'd update the firmware :)

bliske

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Haha the dust bunnies down.

Yeah i run checks a lot to make sure i have no malware/viruses on my computer, yeah the only problem as far as i'm aware of is definitely the outdated firmware, as you see the error codes that is happening every 50 minutes roughly (only started happening 2 days ago)

Therefore prior to that their was nothing at all wrong with my system, and it's true i should just do it.

Okay, i' think i'm going to do it- wish me luck (hopefully it doesn't fail) if my PC doesn't turn on- reply afterwards if their was a problem, and i'll get it fixed on Friday.

bliske

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Haha the dust bunnies down.

Yeah i run checks a lot to make sure i have no malware/viruses on my computer, yeah the only problem as far as i'm aware of is definitely the outdated firmware, as you see the error codes that is happening every 50 minutes roughly (only started happening 2 days ago)

Therefore prior to that their was nothing at all wrong with my system, and it's true i should just do it.

Okay, i' think i'm going to do it- wish me luck (hopefully it doesn't fail) if my PC doesn't turn on- reply afterwards if their was a problem, and i'll get it fixed on Friday.

bliske

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
I updated it, it went smoothly, no errors in-between no popups nothing, hoping that's good, it was smooth.

It's updated to 040H i'll give it a hour or longer, so like 2 hours from now - see how we go, and i'll get back to you - to let you know so far i appreciate your help

satrow

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2013
Excellent, nice work, now you need to wait and see if the crashes stop (or check in Device Manager that the new firmware is installed).

It'll be time to level up again ^^

Solution

bliske

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

I checked it's definitely updated, i checked compmgmt.msc > Device Manager > disk drives > lower it down, right click properties, then hardware IDs on the device.

Yeah just need to wait the hour, roughly haha or a little longer. hopefully it's gone! we shall see.

Outdated version was: 0009
New version: 040H i believe it is.

bliske

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

Thanks for your help, haha what do you exactly mean that "trim is functioning on the SSD" is there more! i thought i was done.

Hmm the only side effect, (unless it's somewhat normal- is i can feel a sort of jumpiness, like it feels like "the screen jump-lags" for a second, then goes away. lol other then that it's fine lol