Laptop under $1,000 (anything better than example listed below?)
Thank you in advance to any assistance you can provide : please see my requirements below
1. What is your budget? Under $1,000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Screen size - ~15.6"
3. What screen resolution do you want? Does not matter
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement
5. How much battery life do you need? Does not matter too much, will be plugged in for any serious usage
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I want to be able to play games - none in particular in mind (Starcraft would be one definite though - and would like to play on Med or High resolution)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) I will be doing minor photo editing using photoshop CS4
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? At least 500GB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. No preference
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? No preference
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Need DVD, Bluray is optional
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No preference - as long as it is a reliable laptop
13. What country do you live in? U.S.A.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. This is the laptop I am considering (ASUS N53SV-XV1) - any advantages/disadvantages of my choice, or is there any better use of my money?. I have never purchased a decent laptop and only have experience with desktops
Thank you for the input. I really like that Lenovo you mentioned - I may end up going with that laptop (RAM, processor and video card stats are better than any other builds I have seen in that price range)
...unless anyone else can suggest any better options?