1. What is your budget?
Up to 700, but I would prefer to stay under 600
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13 to 14 inches
3. What screen resolution do you want?
resolution isn't too important to me
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
I was hoping to get around 5 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
watch videos? streams? web chat?
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
at least 3 years? is this too optimistic?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
USA (CA to be specific)
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
This laptop is going to be for college. I'll likely be bringing a desktop as well (more difficult to steal), so this laptop just needs to be portable, last through a day of classes or a night of marathon studying, and not be so noticeably slower while browsing the internet. I'm not so sure how fast a computer needs to be to perform every day functions quickly like booting up, web browsing, watching videos/movies, and word processing, so the price range is just kind of a ballpark. I'd just like the minimum for those purposes.
Lenovo Edge 14" notebook $550 check your local Office Depot store to see if you can look one over
Core i5 2410M, 4GB RAM, 500GB 7200rpm HDD, 14" 1366x768 LCD w/ Intel HD 3000 graphics.
4.6lbs, WiFi/Bluetooth, DVD burner, 5hr battery in note-taking mode, 4+hrs in WiFi surfing. Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E420 Review