Inspiron 4100 battery.

I bought a new 4100 about 2 years ago and it has been plugged in pretty much
the whole time. I now only get about 15 minutes out of my battery.

When fully charged all 5 LEDs will show up. Power management tells me its
100%, etc.

Short of getting a new battery is there anything I can do?

Is buying a battery off eBay just a bad idea?

Thanks.
2
answers
Last reply
More about inspiron 4100 battery

    No, Yes.
    "Jason Ish" <jbi130@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I bought a new 4100 about 2 years ago and it has been plugged in pretty
    >much
    > the whole time. I now only get about 15 minutes out of my battery.
    >
    > When fully charged all 5 LEDs will show up. Power management tells me its
    > 100%, etc.
    >
    > Short of getting a new battery is there anything I can do?
    >
    > Is buying a battery off eBay just a bad idea?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Really, Tom, you should have kept your answer short!! [grin] (sorry,
    couldn't resist that [lol])

    Basically Tom is right!!

    However, this is a long shot & probably will NOT work (but it is worth a
    try), you may be able to recover the Battery a bit by trying to use it!!
    In other words, charge up the Battery & then use the Lap-Top without
    Mains Power until the Battery totally flattens. Repeat this a few times!

    HTH

    Regards,
    John

    Tom Scales wrote:
    > No, Yes.
    > "Jason Ish" <jbi130@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I bought a new 4100 about 2 years ago and it has been plugged in pretty
    >>much
    >>the whole time. I now only get about 15 minutes out of my battery.
    >>
    >>When fully charged all 5 LEDs will show up. Power management tells me its
    >>100%, etc.
    >>
    >>Short of getting a new battery is there anything I can do?
    >>
    >>Is buying a battery off eBay just a bad idea?
    >>
    >>Thanks.

Dell Battery Inspiron Computers