Movian VPN client needed for Palm alternative to Blackberry

April 17, 2005 12:53:01 PM

I'm looking for a VPN client to use with my Tungsten T3 to connect to
a Cisco VPN and it appears that the Movian client is the only one to
do this (Mergic VPN client only supports PPTP).
I then want to sync my email to Exchange using Versamail.

However the Certicom site now points to http://www.anthavpn.com/ which
lists the Movian client as supporting the T3 and working with Cisco
VPNs, but has no product documentation or trial s/w available. The
reseller sites do not mention it either!

Is this s/w actually available anywhere?

Or will I be forced to accept the Blackberry sol'n being offered to
me? :-(
--
Mr B
Anonymous

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 08:53:01 GMT, Mr B <mr-b@ntlworld-butnotthis.com> wrote:

>I'm looking for a VPN client to use with my Tungsten T3 to connect to
>a Cisco VPN and it appears that the Movian client is the only one to
>do this (Mergic VPN client only supports PPTP).
>I then want to sync my email to Exchange using Versamail.
>
>However the Certicom site now points to http://www.anthavpn.com/ which
>lists the Movian client as supporting the T3 and working with Cisco
>VPNs, but has no product documentation or trial s/w available. The
>reseller sites do not mention it either!

Point well taken. That IPsec client is now in the hands of an Irish firm,
WorldNet21.

Neither the Treo 600 or 650 appear as tested... last wired Palms tested are the
Kyocera 7135, the Tungsten C and the Dubya. The T3 is also listed as tested,
but for those of us who want a one-piece solution, that dog don't hunt.

>Is this s/w actually available anywhere?

Two North American marketing partners listed at
http://www.anthavpn.com/antha/en/vpnPartner.html
are

Onix in Cleveland
http://www.onixnet.com
800.664.9638 (800.ONIX.NET)

Envoy Data in Arizona
http://www.envoydata.com
800-368-6971

>Or will I be forced to accept the Blackberry sol'n being offered to
>me? :-(

Talk to the salesdroids...

--
John Bartley K7AAY 503.326.2231...147
telecom syadmin, USBC-Oregon, Portland - Views are mine.