Restarting on Boot. Will not boot from CD or USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmitrey

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
I don't know where to put this thread, but I feel this is probably the best place. If you remember my previous thread:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=29&post=282350&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

Well, my PC won't boot to windows now. I cannot get it to boot to a CD image or USB image. It just restarts over and over again. I can access BIOS and it says my CPU is running fine, so I doubt it's that, but I can't get it to boot anything. I've tried removing all unneeded things like the cd drive and switching GPUs and PSUs, I tried resetting ram in different slots, but it just won't boot.. The windows 7 logo pops up for about a millisecond then the pc reboots. MSI tech support was useless. They just told me to RMA the motherboard and didn't tell me what could have happened. I want to avoid RMAing this because I have to get stuff done for school, and RMA will take 5-15 business days.

Any help? :(

How far have you gone down the route of removing things ? You mention all the main hardware but have you tried unconnecting all connections that are unneeded.
I had a similar issue to trouble shoot one time and it turned out to be the front USB header that was the problem.

Mactronix :)

carmitrey

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

I've removed HDD, CD, and All but 1 RAM. I haven't tried unplugging my usb. I'll try that now.

Edit: Tryed that. Have my CD, and USB removed. Also have GPU unplugged.
Not working still.

carmitrey

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

It's the motherboard. I just confirmed that. I turn it on and it only runs the lights and fans now. It's no longer supplying 12 v power.

I guess: Solved. (Not what I wanted, but oh well...)
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS