Dragon Orb 3? Is it worth it?

Scarface523

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2002
I've got an athlon xp 1600. My cpu temperature is 55 degrees Celcius, and 61 degrees celcius when its been running for a few days. I want to buy the Dragon Orb 3. Do you think it will help? Also, it has pre applied thermal paste, so should I also put on some arctic silver 3 for extra protection?

Chooco

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2001
isn't dragon orb that huge ass 1lb fan that would break your motherboard from all the weight?

i felt it and it's like at least 20x as heavy as my fan.

Windows has started.
Would you like to play another game?

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
No, that would be a SwifTech MCX462.....all copper base.....big sucker...REAL heavy......

-MeTaL RoCkEr

My <font color=red>Z28</font color=red> can take your <font color=blue>P4</font color=blue> off the line!

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
I've got an athlon xp 1600. My cpu temperature is 55 degrees Celcius, and 61 degrees celcius when its been running for a few days. I want to buy the Dragon Orb 3. Do you think it will help? Also, it has pre applied thermal paste, so should I also put on some arctic silver 3 for extra protection?

help what, you say it runs for days, it is NOT having heat stability issues, CLOSE YOUR THERMAL MONITOR AND ENJOY YOUR COMPUTER.

There is no reason to check tempratures if you are not having lockups, none what so ever.

Dont spend more money on heatsinks you dont need, just use your compy and dont worry unless it locks up.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

G

I have a Dragon Orb 3 (7000RPM) and also an XP1800+. My chassis temp is 22C and my CPU temp is 32C idle, 28 full load.

If you don't have any stability problems, then I suggest you stick to your present setup. XP's are capable of working with temps upto 90C! Also this HSF is damn loud so only get it if you can live with the noise :)

Scarface523

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2002
Alright thanks for the advice. The only reason I even started worrying about this was from reading some peoples posts about their temperature. I am going to get some more fans in the case though.

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
I have a Dragon Orb 3 (7000RPM) and also an XP1800+. My chassis temp is 22C and my CPU temp is 32C idle, 28 full load.
i hope thats a typo becasue i have yet to encounter a cpu that has a lower full load temp than idel temp.
im assuming you meant 38C....either way...those are some really nice temps...way to keep you system cool...
btw...doesnt your computer make a lot of noise because of that 7000 rpm fan?

<A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2649487" target="_new">P4 NW + DDR</A> = <font color=blue>Not Bad</font color=blue>

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
It actually makes perfect sense pr497.....

He's usign the Thermaltake Volcano 7 HSF...it has an Automatic Variable Fan.........When the chip idles, its general cooler than when its under load.....therefore the Fan slows down when the chip is idling......than when the chip goes to full load, the fan speeds up to max speed, and therefore coolign down the CPU more than it was before........make sense?

-MeTaL RoCkEr

My <font color=red>Z28</font color=red> can take your <font color=blue>P4</font color=blue> off the line!