Its too hot

G

My darn cpu is too hot, once it reaches 71 degrees Celcius it boots me out of whatever processing its doing. My fan is spiining at 5625 rpm but i think that ain't fast enough.

Should i add another fan or how do i increase the speed of the rpm of my fan?

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
a couple more nuggets of info might be helpful...what hsf do are you using? did you apply thermal compound yourself or use the pad that came on it?

Dorks = people that use their system specs for sigs.

G

i am using AMD Athlon Tbird 1.2 GHZ, 128 mb Ram , MSI AMD K7T Turbo 2 motherboard, ASUS V7100 Geforce 2.

what is hsf? if you're referring to the fan then i don't really know cuz my brother was the one who installed it. My friend recommended the fan to me.

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
HSF would be that big metal block mounted over the CPU.

__
<font color=blue>My hammer has a bigger Hammer than your hammer.</font color=blue>

CatherineStevens

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2002
Try a *copper* cpu fan like the one by Dynatron. I hear they kick butt and I'm about to put one in mine. This guy says his dropped like 30 degrees.

Trumphent

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2002
The first thing I would do is inspect the installation of the HSF. There are more pitfalls than you would suspect. Did the right amount of Thermal compound get used? I have CPU's with 100X too much. The Thermal pads which are preapplied to the heatsink are to be removed if you opt for Thermal compound. Does the HSF make proper, even contact with the CPU die? You probably have all the right components, installing them correctly is the key.