Tags:
  • Configuration
  • BIOS
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
February 19, 2013 1:06:06 AM

Hello,
Good morning..
How can I disable the bios start up of nf61s-m2b?

More about : skip bios boots

February 19, 2013 2:48:01 AM

dont think you can
m
l
a c 238 $ Windows 7
February 19, 2013 11:48:58 AM

Sometimes you'll find a bios option called fast boot or quick boot, but that just shortens or bypasses some of the startup tests. The bios still needs to do it's thing before booting the OS.
m
l
Related resources
February 21, 2013 11:20:00 PM

ok, thank you. i'm running a computer shop and most likely some customers are curious to press the DEL key thus entering the set up and by accident change the default settings and worse enough, others really change them all. i wish this manufacturers of bios have some ways to skip this portion.
m
l

Best solution

February 22, 2013 3:16:26 AM

Why not set a BIOS password? It's usually under the Security tab and takes about 2 seconds to setup.. just make sure to use the same password across all the machines and keep it simple like your business number or building number so you can remember it later (not as if the key needs to be secure for hacking reasons).
February 22, 2013 5:44:54 AM

sarajacy said:
NO you can not do that.

wow CALM down dude. Actually you can protect the BIOS. Next time you tell someone they can't do something then you should explain your argument.
m
l
a c 238 $ Windows 7
February 22, 2013 11:18:13 AM

I agree with devik. Although you can't skip the bios, most will allow you to set a password. Sarajacy seems to be misinformed on this as most bios's will allow you to set a password.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 22, 2013 11:50:34 AM

In addition to what has been said above, as a retailer or PC repair shop, you shouldn't be setting passwords on other peoples' computers. If they own it, it's their right to break it.
m
l
March 7, 2013 2:27:43 AM

Best answer selected by kanuktuk.
m
l
March 7, 2013 2:28:50 AM

devik said:
Why not set a BIOS password? It's usually under the Security tab and takes about 2 seconds to setup.. just make sure to use the same password across all the machines and keep it simple like your business number or building number so you can remember it later (not as if the key needs to be secure for hacking reasons).

thanks. it worked for me
m
l
!