How to clean core?

FatBurger

Illustrious
Just use something you can scrub with (I used one of those green bendable things you use for dishes), and some dish soap. Make sure you dry off the Tbird first.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

zack

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2001
I used a toothbrush and some 70% isopropyl alcohol. Dry it off with a clean lint free cloth and let it air dry for a few minutes.

FatBurger

Illustrious
A toothbrush would work great, I hadn't thought of that.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Rubbing alcohol (70%) didn't work for me. I used the fluid of an old diskette cleaning kit (doesn't get much use any longer). I believe it's 100% isopropyl alcohol. The diluted stuff just pushed thermal grease around. The 100% alcohol rinsed it off with almost no scrubbing needed. Works for Silcon compound and metal oxide thermal compounds.

<b>We are all beta testers!</b>

texas_techie

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2001
isopropyl alcohol comes in two flavors. 70% and 91%. Get the 91%. I have used that several times to clean the cpu and heatsink. Just used a cotton swab. Didnt even think about lint, so I guess go with the toothbrush.

Benchmarks are like sex, everybody loves doing it, everybody thinks they are good at it.