Dell 1905FP Monitor

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

FYI, follow up on the 1905FP thread.

I ordered one online Sun, 10 Oct. Dell was quoting 1-2 week availability
and their conrifming email said shipment on or before 01 Nov. Dell's
Order Status now says it shipped 13 Oct.

I received mine on Thursday...I had a projected ship date of November 1st
and actually got the monitor in less than a week from the time I ordered it.

-Tmax60

:
: I ordered one online Sun, 10 Oct. Dell was quoting 1-2 week availability
: and their conrifming email said shipment on or before 01 Nov. Dell's
: Order Status now says it shipped 13 Oct.

vvv

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2004

sparky, please post review when u receive it. :>

thx.

Tmax60 wrote:

> I received mine on Thursday...I had a projected ship date of November 1st
> and actually got the monitor in less than a week from the time I ordered it.

So how do you like it?

> So how do you like it?

Got mine Thursday as well. Super awesome picture, the brightness was
amazing. This is my first LCD monitor of this size, and the resolution is
good, even scaled up to 1024 x 768 for slouched-back surfing. I had been
watching the prices for a while as the Dell LCD's have been getting good
ratings for their graphics quality and response times and I bought at
$534.00 Of course I expected this to be ablow-out price to make way for a
newer model, but I didn't expect to recieve the 1905!

I have not noticed any of the problems listed on the forums as far as the
monitor coming on in standby mode and so-forth, only that you cannot access
your BIOS settings when using the DVI interface. Weird and a minor
inconvenience, but not intolerable for me.

Joel

I'm very pleased with mine also. I've made 3 prior attempts at purchasing a
1901FP (and also a couple tries at a 2001FP) and gave up due to pixel issues
(LOTS of stuck and/or dead pixels and I'm of the school of thought that at
these price points you should expect 0 pixel issues. Other manufacturers of
comparable LCD panels seem to be able to manufacture without pixel
problems). I wanted to stick with a Dell model because it would both match
my system and not too many monitors have the built-in USB hub that the
UltraSharps have. I thought I'd give the 1905 one more try since it was
both a new model and is now being manufactured by LiteOn. I'm happy to say
that this panel has NO stuck or dead pixels. I purchased for $517 delivered
(bought a $30 off software and peripheral coupon on eBay for $0.99).

I am running mine off an ATI X800SE PCIe card (DVI) in my Gen 3 XPS and have
no standby issues at all. I also noticed that I could not enter the machine
BIOS settings/boot menu either IF my wireless keyboard/mouse was plugged
into the USB ports on the monitor. As soon as I plugged the transceiver
into a USB port on the machine itself, the problem was gone. Appears to be
some sort of timing issue, like the hub doesn't power up at the same time as
the rest of the system.

-Tmax60
"Joel S. Dickinson" <Joelski@no-spam.columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
:
: > So how do you like it?
:

Joel S. Dickinson wrote:

>>So how do you like it?
>
> Got mine Thursday as well. Super awesome picture, the brightness was
> amazing. This is my first LCD monitor of this size, and the resolution is
> good, even scaled up to 1024 x 768 for slouched-back surfing. I had been
> watching the prices for a while as the Dell LCD's have been getting good
> ratings for their graphics quality and response times and I bought at
> $534.00 Of course I expected this to be ablow-out price to make way for a
> newer model, but I didn't expect to recieve the 1905!
>
> I have not noticed any of the problems listed on the forums as far as the
> monitor coming on in standby mode and so-forth, only that you cannot access
> your BIOS settings when using the DVI interface. Weird and a minor
> inconvenience, but not intolerable for me.

My 1905FP arrived a couple of hours ago. Setup was a no brainer (I used
the DVI cable because my video card supports DVI). It is gorgeous!
Anyone whose eyes are over 50 will appreciate this monitor - the type is
that much clearer than my P991 (which I thought was a pretty good monitor).

I'm running it at 1280 x 1024 with an MSI nVidia GF4 Ti4200 video card
(128MB). It's unbelievable. The only downside I've noticed is that the
Zoom In function under Windows Picture & Fax Viewer blurs the photo very
quickly (1 or 2 clicks). OTOH, the photo is noticeably clearer at normal
resolution.

I haven't done any video editing yet, so we shall see on that front.