pentium 150mhz laptop-texas instruments..at$150???

G

Is this any good? LAPTOP 150mhz-RAM 16mb- HD 500MB ...is this too expensive at $150 ? and is this laptop any good to use it for music and stuff liek that and play some games ? can i find soomthing better some where for less? and is TEXAS INSTRUMENTS a good company or something? please i need help on this .

Tien_Lung

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2002
That is a peice of garbage. You probably won't even be about to load Windows 95 on a 500MB HDD. And even if you did somehow manage that AND get a program on it, you can forget about running anything made after about 1996.

I AM Canadian

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree, its a piece of garbage, got a url?!?! :D
depends on what you need. basic internet, small network stuff, MP3s and Warcraft II, sure.
You'll need to max the RAM out, it is probably capable of 80MB max(ballpark, maybe more, maybe less).
check Toshiba.com or crucial.com to find out how much memory it can hold.
the HD is upgradeable easily, you can load 98 on there no problem with more RAM.
what kind of screen?
the best deals now are found with Celeron 500-700mhz processors, a few can be found for around $500, its a steal, the components cost more than that.

<i>Better to be silent and thought an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt.</i>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If it has a good screen, it's a great deal! Basically you would pay twice as much to get something 50% faster. Windows 95 only takes up 120MB, Office 97 around another 100MB without Powerpoint. If your only using it for web access and office work it's a great deal! I was selling DESKTOPS with these specs two years ago, and basically the older programs do most of what the newer ones do. I suggest Windows 95 version B, but first check the screen out, perfect if it's TFT, usable if its 256 color or better passive matrix, useless for most things if it's monochrome.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
The only problem you will have with music on that computer is the limited space and CPU speed will prevent you from listening to MP3s. I have a Pentium 120 Laptop, and it can't quite handle MP3 playing in realtime.

However, if all you want is a portable notepad that you can also use as a CD-player, and occasionaly use office on it, you'll be fine.

Also, does it have a net card and/or modem?

Note: I can run Win98 on my machine, and it runs pretty well. My poor machine has 40 MB of ram (probably what saves it), either a 4x CD-Rom or Floppy (Can't use both), no USB ports, 1 MB Video card (800x600x256 Max Res), 4GB HD, and a 12" screen. I've used it to store documents, move them around, use Z-Mud, browse the web (The computer can't utilize the data-throughput of a DSL connection btw, felt like a 56K modem), and it's slow enough to play a few of my realy old games that my Athlon XP is too fast for. If I needed the portability more, I would likely use it more.

This is a non-smoking forum.
If your computer is smoking, please extinguish it immediately.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Bront on 02/15/02 09:32 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

what can you do with this computer? Not much. I am using a shitty 166 at office. It is even too slow for Word and IE. With 16MB ram, forget about it. don't waste money on upgrading the HD and Ram.

TRENDING THREADS