lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
Just wondering I recently built a 2.0a ghz northwood system .. my neighbor liked it so we went to a local copmputer show and he bought a intel 850 and a 1.80a northwood .. but when I boot my sis based system it indicates on the first line after the bios version that it is a 2.0a etc .. his only says 1.8 .. no "A" wondering if he was hosed .. his chip came in a retail box.. didn't check to see if it was open .. do any of you with the 1.8 or 1.6 NW's have a moment to let me know what yours is reported as ?? perhaps it is because we use different chipsets on thse boxes ??

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my north AND south bridges for trolls</font color=blue>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Check the BIOS, and use WCPUID to see how much L2 cache there is.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
ahh right wcpuid forgot that one really didnt want to tell him to install sandra he is not that into it..

thanx

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my north AND south bridges for trolls</font color=blue>

eden

Champion
Don't retail boxes mention such info?
Oh yeah a flash would do the trick... any probing software would tell you how much cache there is.
I am sure he bought an NW.

--
The other day I heard an explosion from the other side of town.... It was a 486 booting up...