MN500 and FTP server

I'm trying to start an FTP server but clients cannot
connect to the server. I'm sure it has to do with port
forwarding. Can anyone point me to where I can find step
by step instructions? The software I'm using instructs
to "configure the router so that it also route passive
connections which are default on the 2048-2148 port range"
Can anybody help me?
TIA, Gus

You need one persistent port forward for your connection port (usually port
21)
You also need one persistent port forward for the passive mode ports (in
your case, ports 2048-2148)

Any other configuration (specification of your WAN ip) will all be done at
your ftp server program.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Gus Revolorio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to start an FTP server but clients cannot
> connect to the server. I'm sure it has to do with port
> forwarding. Can anyone point me to where I can find step
> by step instructions? The software I'm using instructs
> to "configure the router so that it also route passive
> connections which are default on the 2048-2148 port range"
> Can anybody help me?
> TIA, Gus

Thanks Jason,
I don't know exactly how to do that. I thought I did but
evidently is not workingTHis is what I enabled in
Persistent Port Forwarding:

Inbound Port: 2048-2148
Type: TCP
Private IP: xxx.xxx.x.10
Private Port: 2048-2148

Thanks again for your help, Gus

wrote in message
>> I'm trying to start an FTP server but clients cannot
>> connect to the server. I'm sure it has to do with port
>> forwarding. Can anyone point me to where I can find
step
>> by step instructions? The software I'm using instructs
>> to "configure the router so that it also route passive
>> connections which are default on the 2048-2148 port
range"
>> Can anybody help me?
>> TIA, Gus
>

>.

That takes care of your passive mode FTP ports.
You still need to forward the connection port (usually 21) in the same
manner.