Good all in one black white laser unit?

I currently have an HP PSC 750 all in one
printer/canner/copier.

A good unit but Im tired of paying the ridiculous price
for the ink jet cartridges.

And most all of my printing is black and white since Im
taking college classes.

having sad all that any advice on home use all in one
units that are black and white laser units?

What abt this Samsung unit? Model SCX-4100

http://tinyurl.com/7xudg
4 answers Last reply
More about good black white laser unit

    me@privacy.net wrote:

    > I currently have an HP PSC 750 all in one
    > printer/canner/copier.
    >
    > A good unit but Im tired of paying the ridiculous price
    > for the ink jet cartridges.
    >
    > And most all of my printing is black and white since Im
    > taking college classes.
    >
    > having sad all that any advice on home use all in one
    > units that are black and white laser units?
    >
    > What abt this Samsung unit? Model SCX-4100
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/7xudg

    Don't know about the Samsung, but I bought a Brother MFC-8220 last
    summer & am very satisified with it.

    >Don't know about the Samsung, but I bought a Brother MFC-8220 last
    >summer & am very satisified with it.

    Ok will keep that unit in mind

    However does this unit have a sheet fed scanner only and no flat panel
    scanner?

    me@privacy.net wrote:
    >>Don't know about the Samsung, but I bought a Brother MFC-8220 last
    >>summer & am very satisified with it.
    >

    > Ok will keep that unit in mind
    >
    > However does this unit have a sheet fed scanner only and no flat panel
    > scanner?

    True, but Brother has a flad bed scanner model for additional $$$.

    >True, but Brother has a flad bed scanner model for additional $$$.

    OK

    I kind of prefer a flatbed scanner cause then if I have
    to scan a page say out of a book I can do that

    Sheet fed scanners wont allow me to scan a book page.

    But.... I guess this begs the question of whether to
    buy a combo unit or to get an all in one.

    My current unit is an all in one..... and Ive not had
    any regrets going that route so far. But Id like to
    hear opinions from others on the argument of separates
    vs all in ones.

Dell Hewlett Packard Computers