Good all in one black white laser unit?

ME

I currently have an HP PSC 750 all in one
printer/canner/copier.

A good unit but Im tired of paying the ridiculous price
for the ink jet cartridges.

And most all of my printing is black and white since Im
taking college classes.

having sad all that any advice on home use all in one
units that are black and white laser units?

What abt this Samsung unit? Model SCX-4100

http://tinyurl.com/7xudg

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

me@privacy.net wrote:

> I currently have an HP PSC 750 all in one
> printer/canner/copier.
>
> A good unit but Im tired of paying the ridiculous price
> for the ink jet cartridges.
>
> And most all of my printing is black and white since Im
> taking college classes.
>
> having sad all that any advice on home use all in one
> units that are black and white laser units?
>
> What abt this Samsung unit? Model SCX-4100
>
> http://tinyurl.com/7xudg

Don't know about the Samsung, but I bought a Brother MFC-8220 last
summer & am very satisified with it.

ME

>Don't know about the Samsung, but I bought a Brother MFC-8220 last
>summer & am very satisified with it.

Ok will keep that unit in mind

However does this unit have a sheet fed scanner only and no flat panel
scanner?

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

me@privacy.net wrote:
>>Don't know about the Samsung, but I bought a Brother MFC-8220 last
>>summer & am very satisified with it.
>

> Ok will keep that unit in mind
>
> However does this unit have a sheet fed scanner only and no flat panel
> scanner?

True, but Brother has a flad bed scanner model for additional $$$.

ME

>True, but Brother has a flad bed scanner model for additional $$$.

OK

I kind of prefer a flatbed scanner cause then if I have
to scan a page say out of a book I can do that

Sheet fed scanners wont allow me to scan a book page.

But.... I guess this begs the question of whether to
buy a combo unit or to get an all in one.

My current unit is an all in one..... and Ive not had
any regrets going that route so far. But Id like to
hear opinions from others on the argument of separates
vs all in ones.