Need some help choosing a Netbook. Urgent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjsm

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Hello everyone, I am starting school next week and I need a netbook asap. I own a great gaming PC but I don't know much about netbooks, so I would really appreciate some help.

1. What is your budget?

500 + tax or maybe a little more if its really worth it.

2. What is the size of the netbook that you are considering?

11-12'

3. How much battery life do you need?

anything with more than 5 hours would be great

Basicly I don't want to play any games, 2 gigs of RAM would be nice if possible but its not a need. Any suggestions would be awesome !

Thanks

Solution
I can't say for sure if XP would have drivers for all that new hardware.

It's probably worth a shot - just add WinXP as a multi-boot option so you have both Win7 and XP installed on that 640GB HDD.
G

I think if you look at the HP DM1z it will impress you. It has good graphics to play even HD where the Intel stuff lacks that kind of graphic power. It has a nice price of $399 or under if you search. It runs a AMD APU with 1.6Ghz CPU.

HP Pavilion dm1z Review
EDChoice.gif

Since you need it quicky you'll need a HP quick ship model:

or get one from NewEgg HP Pavilion dm1-3210us $355 and $50 rebate

check both sites to figure shipping and taxes to get the best deal.

bjsm

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Great suggestions guys ! Thank you for giving attention to my post, the only thing is I live in canada and those deals arent possible here. Im quite interested in the HP DM1z but I can only find it for 549$ in Canada, so thats a bit over my budget. And WR2 that netbook seemed really nice, only thing is Newegg isnt available in Canada.....uhhhhh :eek:( Same thing with you Cloudy2010, they all seem really nice just not available here....

If I can get any suggestions from Canada, that would be great !

Thanks again guys

bjsm

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011

Really nice, just one last question, why is it so hard to find these netbooks and they only advertise the standard 1 gig of ram netbooks ? Ive never seen a netbook like this anywhere before ...

Status
Not open for further replies.