Sign in with
Your question

Windows slow to load up...

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
February 20, 2013 12:37:11 AM

Windows 7 on my computer takes a while to load up. Once windows shows up it shows the circle thingy for about 30 seconds before running. Sometimes it does not ever finish loading and I am forced to reboot with the power button. It has done it since day 1 of owning the machine. I am not sure why it takes so long to load up, because it is a fairly high end machine.

the machine has an I7 2600K 3.4GHz, with an Nvidia 670 and 32 GB of DDR3 RAM. I do not understand why I would load so slow, once it finishes (if it does) it runs fine. I have scanned it over and over with Norton, Malwarebytes and bitdefender, with no viruses showing. I know that does not mean there is not one, but if there is it is a really bad one.

More about : windows slow load

a b $ Windows 7
February 20, 2013 1:22:57 AM

nirrtix said:
Windows 7 on my computer takes a while to load up. Once windows shows up it shows the circle thingy for about 30 seconds before running. Sometimes it does not ever finish loading and I am forced to reboot with the power button. It has done it since day 1 of owning the machine. I am not sure why it takes so long to load up, because it is a fairly high end machine.

the machine has an I7 2600K 3.4GHz, with an Nvidia 670 and 32 GB of DDR3 RAM. I do not understand why I would load so slow, once it finishes (if it does) it runs fine. I have scanned it over and over with Norton, Malwarebytes and bitdefender, with no viruses showing. I know that does not mean there is not one, but if there is it is a really bad one.

make sure your mb bios is up to date it may be missing some cpu or ram code. if it still slow after the bios update..use cpu-z and check the ram speed. some mb you have to turn on xmp profile.
m
l
February 20, 2013 1:34:54 AM

Probably 32gb of ram, try booting with 16gb.
m
l
February 20, 2013 2:06:59 AM

That is possible, but I have another machine with 32 GB also and the same processor etcetra, and it does not do this. I have heard of some of windows updates causing stuff like this.
m
l
!