Sign in with
Your question

AMD: OC PARTY IS OVER!!!

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
February 18, 2002 4:39:18 PM

Just checked out [H] and they have some guy who sent a diagram and pic of the new AXP 2000- and it shows that the bridges are not connectable!

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

More about : amd party

February 18, 2002 5:13:22 PM

Interesting, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to overclock the Athlon. The P4 has always been overclocked through the FSB and so can the Athlon. Boards like the IWill XP333 and the Leadtek WinFast 7350KDA can easily reach FSB speeds of up to 200MHz (400MHz DDR) without overclocking the PCI and AGP bus. AMDMeltdown, may I ask why your titles are always in uppercase and your posts are always extremely short.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
February 18, 2002 5:39:47 PM

Maybe he's using big letters to make up for his short.... posts :wink:

Seriously, this is not realy a big blow to AMD owners, even if it is true. FSB Overclocking is what a majority of current AMD owners do anyway, and people that OC are a small minority in the overall market. If locking the CPU will help to lower the price of the CPU (fewer returns due to owner fault, or perhaps lowering production costs by not needing the burning laser), then it's well worth it as far as I am concerned.

Meltdown, can you post a link to that diagram? I'd be interested in seeing it.

This is a non-smoking forum.
If your computer is smoking, please extinguish it immediately.
Related resources
February 18, 2002 5:53:08 PM

"Interesting, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to overclock the Athlon. The P4 has always been overclocked through the FSB and so can the Athlon. Boards like the IWill XP333 and the Leadtek WinFast 7350KDA can easily reach FSB speeds of up to 200MHz (400MHz DDR) without overclocking the PCI and AGP bus. AMDMeltdown, may I ask why your titles are always in uppercase and your posts are always extremely short."

true, and good luck!

AMD_Man, I post in uppcase because I know you're a wannabe forum cop and I also happen to know that it gets on your nerves!

<A HREF="http://www.hardocp.com" target="_new">[H]</A>

February 18, 2002 5:59:36 PM

Well, I really couldn't care less, my next PC is going to be Intel-based anyway if the T-Bred doesn't overclock as well. Anyway, do you enjoy making people angry at you? hehe. :smile:

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
February 19, 2002 1:35:41 AM

Quote:
Th7 can lock pci and agp does any mobo for AMD can do that.

AMD based mobos also can do that.
Do you understand what you just said? >><b><font color=red><i>No because there were the multiplier unlock.</font color=red></b></i><<(!!!)
Speak only what you know!

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
February 19, 2002 5:47:44 AM

hey meltdown, post some links or something...

BTW what is the temp reading on your pentium. I cant find any first hand accounts of their temps.

Benchmarks are like sex, everybody loves doing it, everybody thinks they are good at it.
February 19, 2002 5:52:41 AM

LoL

A: they have only recieved a small amount of emails about it.
B: They already have a work around, and it isnt even released yet
C: AMD has not confirmed this to be a fact, and even if they did, you can still unlock the axp with the given workaround.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!
February 19, 2002 6:03:51 AM

"After some research with retailers and a couple dozen phone calls to AMD, this is what we know. None of the retailers we work with are seeing anything like this (hardlocked AMD CPUs) in any of the newer CPUs they have in stock. AMD is not willing to give a statement at this time (because PR is trying just as hard to figure this situation out.) but just thinks it is one of those things that engineering does that never gets talked about as most of the buying public could care less. So anyway, we will get an official statement soon, but at this moment it looks as if AMD is still wanting to be the OCers Enthusiasts' best buddy. "

Looks like amdmeltdowns amd bashing party is over.

February 19, 2002 9:20:24 AM

being able to overclock the xp by mults really made you made huh? specialy since you can't do that with the P4.

i wouldn't be surprised if you get older faster than other people, as you are very bothered by things that aren't in your interest.

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/scamtron2000/Lochel.html" target="_new"> <font color=red>click here</font color=red> </A>
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
February 19, 2002 1:23:43 PM

but we could still change the FSB
February 19, 2002 4:21:09 PM

nice quote, but you should read between the lines dude. if you look again you'll notice that the "OCers" has a line through it, you are mis-quoting hard|ocp.

btw, AMD is lying thru their toenails, it's was nice of you to bend over and spread 'em for good ole' AMD.

February 19, 2002 4:29:16 PM

As another post states, AMD just release a statement that basically says that the non-unlockable CPUs are a fluke. They have not changed their policy on recreational overclocking and will not be hard-locking the CPU multiplier.

I thought a thought, but the thought I thought wasn't the thought I thought I had thought.
February 20, 2002 12:29:12 AM

lol
and your such an expert on being bent over and spread aintcha melty? :wink:

good post by the way...
short, pretty pointless generally, and the title was full of capitals and exclimation marks. good to see your standards arnt slipping :smile:

did u have fun?

Overclocked athlon 1200C @ 8.5 x 166FSB + PC2700 = GOOD! :smile:
February 20, 2002 6:36:42 AM

Quote:
nice quote, but you should read between the lines dude. if you look again you'll notice that the "OCers" has a line through it, you are mis-quoting hard|ocp.

Did you fail third grade english simpleton, he crossed out the word ocers and replaced it with enthusiasts, how ignorant can you be?

I am not gonna waste words explaing his joke to you, but if you are so stupid as not to be able to understand what the crossed out ocers bit means(which btw wouldnt copy into the forum) then you are the joke.

February 20, 2002 2:53:23 PM

MAYBE because its a <i>Devill's Advocate</i> ?

<i>note: don't kill -9 me, i just say "Maybe". :) </i>

if you know you don't know, the way could be more easy.
February 20, 2002 3:01:46 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if AMDMeltdown is the devil himself, hehe. :wink:

February 20, 2002 3:08:45 PM

you caught me, im ROFL. :wink:

if you know you don't know, the way could be more easy.
February 20, 2002 3:46:01 PM

thanks! :smile:

February 20, 2002 8:53:25 PM

no worries mate! u cant go wrong with exclimation marks!!!

Overclocked athlon 1200C @ 8.5 x 166FSB + PC2700 = GOOD! :smile:
February 20, 2002 10:20:20 PM

AHHH!!!!!!!

NOO!!!!!!

HE'S GOT........Devil Horns????

NO WAIT!!!!

A GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohh man, sorry, the end of this thread is just too funny (and pointless, but thats what makes it funny) LoL

Whats with the exclamations??? geesh...grow up..... :wink: j/k =)

-MeTaL RoCkEr

My <font color=red>Z28</font color=red> can take your <font color=blue>P4</font color=blue> off the line!
February 21, 2002 4:34:10 AM

hey man thanx for making us all feel better. i mean what would the world be without *fun* people like you. lol
February 22, 2002 3:14:12 AM

at least some of his exclamations didn't come out as ones

"Why can't I be the man? I mean, I DO have harmony balls..." -epoth
February 22, 2002 4:37:24 AM

ROFL, a little meltdown bashing is always good fo a laugh after he makes an ass of himself. I'm glad to see the prompt correction of his babbling. Thanks for taking it upon yourself to protect newer members from meltdown. I salute you all!!!!!!!!!! (horay for exclamation marks!!!!!!!)

The holder of <i>this</i> pass is <b>exempt</b> from all forms of <font color=red>flaming</font color=red>.
February 22, 2002 3:31:54 PM

"a little meltdown bashing is always good fo a laugh after he makes an ass of himself. I'm glad to see the prompt correction of his babbling. Thanks for taking it upon yourself to protect newer members from meltdown."

I tend to agree.

February 22, 2002 8:58:09 PM

Your Funny.... ROFL IMAO LOL.... Now thats over with i have to get back at working on my Pc Hardware website.... l8r....

THGC, saving 1 pc user from buying a GeForce4 MX at a time.
!