I built my own desktop (a long, long while ago) and it's far past time for an upgrade. However, now, I mostly spend my time playing games at friend's houses, for which a laptop would be much better. I know they're more expensive, with less performance, but lets see what you all could recommend for me!!
1. What is your budget?
~1000$ Could be a bit higher, could be a bit lower. Also, I don't mind doing 'Open Box' deals, or anything like that.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
At least 15 inches!
3. What screen resolution do you want?
No real preference.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
I end up flying around a lot, so the more battery the merrier. Of course, I know that that gets costly, and gaming laptops generally don't have great battery time, but definetley the more the merrier.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes. I'd like to get away with playing the Witcher 2. That might be asking a lot. Hopefully on medium at least.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I have external USB's. This isn't too much of an issue.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Any. Again, was looking at NewEggs 'Open Box' shinanigins, but they're about all sold out. Does anyone know when new Open Box's come up??
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least a few years!
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Again, don't mind cheap-ey sleazy sounding deals. I was looking at this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... with no idea how well it would actually run stuff. Unfortunatly someone jumped earlier than I did! Any idea when these Open Box's get updated??
Also- I am a college student, does that computer above qualify for the free Xbox deal?? I believe it's ANY computer with Windows 7, right?? I was thinking I could Craigslist the xbox for 150 bucks or so and save a little bit...
MSI GX740 17" Notebook $800
Core i5 460M(2.53GHz) 4GB RAM 500GB HDD 7200rpm 17" 1440 x 900 LCD w/ Mobility Radeon HD 5870 graphics
The nice bump up in LCD screen resolution (1440x900) and graphics card (HD 5870) makes this a good gaming option IMO.