Sign in with
Your question

More that 110% overclocking

Last response: in CPUs
February 19, 2002 11:31:55 AM

Quote:
over 3 years ago on overclockers.com a guy had a 2 ghz athlon.

3 years ago the fastest athlon was like 550, wanna correct that statement?

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!
Related resources
February 19, 2002 1:37:12 PM

your a moron
February 19, 2002 2:56:11 PM

LoL, now thats the pot calling the kettle black If i ever saw it.

February 19, 2002 3:06:51 PM

Quote:

lol, for those who don't know that expression, it means that Zero is also a moron. So a moron (pot) is calling another person (kettle) a moron (black). Both the pot and the kettle are black, get it?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
February 19, 2002 3:08:03 PM

lol

Now, let's not jump all over juin. A 110% overclock is very impressive, and I think it's worth a post. Would you rather he posted to a 3-year old overlcok?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FatBurger on 02/19/02 09:26 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
February 19, 2002 3:23:26 PM

Quote:
lol, for those who don't know that expression, it means that Zero is also a moron. So a moron (pot) is calling another person (kettle) a moron (black). Both the pot and the kettle are black, get it?

LOL, amdman, If a person dosent get the expression the pot calling the kettle black, they dont deserve the laugh lol.

February 19, 2002 3:57:41 PM

3 years - 3 months, they are easily confused

The holder of <i>this</i> pass is <b>exempt</b> from all forms of <font color=red>flaming</font color=red>.
February 19, 2002 8:45:32 PM

Is'nt THGF a barrel of monkeys. Or is that a barrel of laughs. A barrel of laughing monkeys would be quite keen.
And did you know monkeys have started to masturbate in captivity, oh!, my bad, it's they have started to display homosexual tendencies. Opps! Sorry juin!
Keep:-))

Are we really ready for "contact" ?
February 19, 2002 8:50:04 PM

LOOOOOOL you guys made me laugh so hard in polls my head always started to hurt and now you are going to do the same here huh?

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/scamtron2000/Lochel.html" target="_new"> <font color=red>click here</font color=red> </A>
February 19, 2002 9:00:05 PM

No,no no. The CPU erection is a damn serious meeting of intellectual minds. This was a once in a blue moon kind of thing. No way you will catch me trolling or thrashing about in this section. Way to risky. Flames may come at any instant in here. OUPS! What was that? I'm out a here...............run

Are we really ready for "contact" ?
February 19, 2002 9:18:17 PM

in a technical sense thats a very impressive overclock... however i always question the usefullness of such overclocks. how practical is it to have a big supply of liquit nitrogen required all the time?
and what about the poor IDE/PCI devices?

Overclocked athlon 1200C @ 8.5 x 166FSB + PC2700 = GOOD! :smile:
February 19, 2002 9:24:33 PM

Quote:

what about the poor IDE/PCI devices?

They are unaffected. Let's not forget that you can fix the speed of the PCI bus no matter what the FSB is running at with the Abit P4 boards (TH7-II and BD7).

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
February 19, 2002 10:51:52 PM

<<<LoL, now thats the pot calling the kettle black If i ever saw it.>>>

how is it that u classify mE as a moron?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by zer0 on 02/19/02 08:00 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
February 19, 2002 10:57:00 PM

<<<if me getting the date wronge makes me a moron then YOU ARE A FUCKHEAD. cheers>>>

um u said 3 years ago... that wasn't even close. that was around the time of 600mhz katmai p3s. i think a 1ghz would've been extreme. you talked out of your ass and are spreading amd fud so STFU.
February 20, 2002 12:03:40 AM

cool. forgot about that. need to institute that for socket A boards :smile:

i still doubt the life expectency of the cpu & mobo when u see pics of it running with condenced ice all over the socket.

Overclocked athlon 1200C @ 8.5 x 166FSB + PC2700 = GOOD! :smile:
February 20, 2002 3:03:00 AM

mo·ron Pronunciation Key (môrn, mr-)
n.
<b>A stupid person; a dolt.
Psychology. A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.</b>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[From Greek mron, neuter of mros, stupid, foolish.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mo·ronic (m-rnk, mô-) adj.
mo·roni·cal·ly adv.
moronism or mo·roni·ty (m-rn-t, mô-) n.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Mo·rón Pronunciation Key (m-rn)

A city of eastern Argentina, an industrial suburb of Buenos Aires. Population: 641,541.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

moron

\Mo*ron"\, n.; Sp. pl. Morones. [Sp.] An inferior olive size having a woody pulp and a large clingstone pit, growing in the mountainous and high-valley districts around the city of Moron, in Spain.
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996

moron

\Mo"ron\, n. (Pedagogy) <b>A person whose intellectual development proceeds normally up to about the eighth year of age and is then arrested so that there is little or no further development.</b>
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996

moron

n : <b>a person of subnormal intelligence [syn: idiot, imbecile, cretin, changeling, half-wit, retard] </b>

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by dhlucke on 02/19/02 09:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
February 20, 2002 6:33:07 AM

Quote:
um u said 3 years ago... that wasn't even close. that was around the time of 600mhz katmai p3s. i think a 1ghz would've been extreme. you talked out of your ass and are spreading amd fud so STFU.

Again, thats the pot calling the kettle black if I ever saw it!

February 20, 2002 9:48:48 AM

Quote:
um u said 3 years ago... that wasn't even close. that was around the time of 600mhz katmai p3s.

I think at that time the highest was Pentium II Deschutes 400MHz.
<b><A HREF="http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/98q2/980503/index.html" target="_new">Source</A></b>

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
February 20, 2002 11:13:05 AM

if it makes you feel all big and smart to call other people names, then you should be feeling very good right now.

like i said, the point is that long before this 110% oced p4 there was an athlon at 2ghz. that is a lot more impressive concidering how long ago that was and how much more work an athlon does compared with the p4.

as you can see, i mentioned that i'm not good with remembering dates. i was off, but that doesn't take the point away.

i would really like to see you call me names while you are next to me. you are like one of those little dogs that bark their asss off while they feel protected by something and as soon as the protection is gone they put their tail between their two hined legs and run their asss off. nts nts.

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/scamtron2000/Lochel.html" target="_new"> <font color=red>click here</font color=red> </A>
February 20, 2002 11:16:39 AM

did you ever see what i'm talking about on the other web site? i think it was about two years ago. that is much more impressive than this.

February 20, 2002 10:20:15 PM

<<<I think at that time the highest was Pentium II Deschutes 400MHz.>>>
that proves he was off by even more. thanks for the link.
February 21, 2002 5:38:43 AM

lol you just love that don't you.

OMG scamtron got the date wrong, that makes him a "moron" no matter the point huh? hihihi

you really don't care about the point do you? you just want to feel BIG and SMART. well you are doing good. keep calling people "morons" for small things that don't even mean much in terms of computer knowledge.

February 21, 2002 5:42:07 AM

i think its safe to call zer0 a "moron" since he got the date wrong as well.

his next post is probably going to say i was closer than you. LOL.

February 21, 2002 5:45:06 AM

Quote:

so you confirm that i'm a "moron"
you'll probably say yes just for me using quotes. LOL

February 21, 2002 7:11:17 AM

No, the term pot calling the kettle black makes no claims to the veracity of the pots claims.

February 21, 2002 7:31:49 AM

yeah some people are insane!

February 21, 2002 12:32:20 PM

the point is he made a dumb ass comment about a badass overclock because he's a amd troll. thats the point MORON.
February 21, 2002 12:50:49 PM

COOOOOOL. i'm the moron. you feel better??

whats up man did you just read this "i would really like to see you call me names while you are next to me. you are like one of those little dogs that bark their asss off while they feel protected by something and as soon as the protection is gone they put their tail between their two hined legs and run their asss off. nts nts." and now you are on fire?

Quote:
the point is he made a dumb ass comment about a badass overclock because he's a amd troll. thats the point MORON.

do you know how to read? that is not a dumbass comment, but a very real one. you may call me a troll, but it will not bother me. only facts can do that to me.

and now you are changing the subject. originally you called me a moron because i had the date wrong, and the was just unacceptable. and now you are calling me a moron because you THINK i'm posting a lie after you got the date wrong your self.

the more you keep at this the more you embares your self. feel free to call me a moron as much it takes to make you feel good. after all you never got the date wrong and know for a fact that my post is not legit. have a great day zer0 sir.

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/scamtron2000/Lochel.html" target="_new"> <font color=red>go to my site</font color=red> </A>
February 22, 2002 4:54:00 AM

Calm down peeps, no need to fight over overclocking history.

Oy, some people need to buy calendars. That article you linked to was dated May 1998, thats 3 years 9 months ago. P3s were out by Feb 1999 undoubtedly.

Edit: haha, looking at that article khha4113 linked to, those P2 codenames were horrible. Its also funny to see the 300mhz P2 manufactured at .35 micron tech!! Haha, old tech is funny.

The holder of <i>this</i> pass is <b>exempt</b> from all forms of <font color=red>flaming</font color=red>.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheAntipop on 02/22/02 01:56 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
February 22, 2002 9:10:46 AM

Ooops! Now I got confused by date too!
Anyway, you're right. At that time <b><A HREF="http://www4.tomshardware.com/cpu/99q1/990223/index-02.h..." target="_new"><font color=blue>Pentium III Katmai 500MHz</A></b></font color=blue> had been released.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
!