More that 110% overclocking

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
your point is?

over 3 years ago on overclockers.com a guy had a 2 ghz athlon.

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/scamtron2000/Lochel.html" target="_new"> <font color=red>click here</font color=red> </A>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
LoL, now thats the pot calling the kettle black If i ever saw it.
lol, for those who don't know that expression, it means that Zero is also a moron. So a moron (pot) is calling another person (kettle) a moron (black). Both the pot and the kettle are black, get it?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

FatBurger

Illustrious
lol

Now, let's not jump all over juin. A 110% overclock is very impressive, and I think it's worth a post. Would you rather he posted to a 3-year old overlcok?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FatBurger on 02/19/02 09:26 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
lol, for those who don't know that expression, it means that Zero is also a moron. So a moron (pot) is calling another person (kettle) a moron (black). Both the pot and the kettle are black, get it?

LOL, amdman, If a person dosent get the expression the pot calling the kettle black, they dont deserve the laugh lol.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
3 years - 3 months, they are easily confused

The holder of <i>this</i> pass is <b>exempt</b> from all forms of <font color=red>flaming</font color=red>.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
wait wait wait.

ummm.... when did the tbird 1000 come out?

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/scamtron2000/Lochel.html" target="_new"> <font color=red>click here</font color=red> </A>

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
yeah ok it was two years which makes a big difference in computers, but still the point is it was a long time ago.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
if me getting the date wronge makes me a moron then YOU ARE A FUCKHEAD. cheers

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
no i wasn't confused. i'm just bad with days, months, ....

it took me 12 years to remember my birth date.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
it came out in 2000 and now we are in 2002. or do i have to count the months?

pike

Splendid
Nov 10, 2001
Is'nt THGF a barrel of monkeys. Or is that a barrel of laughs. A barrel of laughing monkeys would be quite keen.
And did you know monkeys have started to masturbate in captivity, oh!, my bad, it's they have started to display homosexual tendencies. Opps! Sorry juin!
Keep:))

Are we really ready for "contact" ?

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
LOOOOOOL you guys made me laugh so hard in polls my head always started to hurt and now you are going to do the same here huh?

pike

Splendid
Nov 10, 2001
No,no no. The CPU erection is a damn serious meeting of intellectual minds. This was a once in a blue moon kind of thing. No way you will catch me trolling or thrashing about in this section. Way to risky. Flames may come at any instant in here. OUPS! What was that? I'm out a here...............run

Are we really ready for "contact" ?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
in a technical sense thats a very impressive overclock... however i always question the usefullness of such overclocks. how practical is it to have a big supply of liquit nitrogen required all the time?
and what about the poor IDE/PCI devices?

Overclocked athlon 1200C @ 8.5 x 166FSB + PC2700 = GOOD! :smile:

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
what about the poor IDE/PCI devices?
They are unaffected. Let's not forget that you can fix the speed of the PCI bus no matter what the FSB is running at with the Abit P4 boards (TH7-II and BD7).

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

ZER0

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
<<<LoL, now thats the pot calling the kettle black If i ever saw it.>>>

how is it that u classify mE as a moron?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by zer0 on 02/19/02 08:00 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

ZER0

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
<<<if me getting the date wronge makes me a moron then YOU ARE A FUCKHEAD. cheers>>>

um u said 3 years ago... that wasn't even close. that was around the time of 600mhz katmai p3s. i think a 1ghz would've been extreme. you talked out of your ass and are spreading amd fud so STFU.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
cool. forgot about that. need to institute that for socket A boards :smile:

i still doubt the life expectency of the cpu & mobo when u see pics of it running with condenced ice all over the socket.

Overclocked athlon 1200C @ 8.5 x 166FSB + PC2700 = GOOD! :smile:

dhlucke

Polypheme
mo·ron Pronunciation Key (môrn, mr-)
n.
<b>A stupid person; a dolt.
Psychology. A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.</b>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[From Greek mron, neuter of mros, stupid, foolish.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mo·ronic (m-rnk, mô-) adj.
mo·roni·cal·ly adv.
moronism or mo·roni·ty (m-rn-t, mô-) n.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Mo·rón Pronunciation Key (m-rn)

A city of eastern Argentina, an industrial suburb of Buenos Aires. Population: 641,541.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

moron

\Mo*ron"\, n.; Sp. pl. Morones. [Sp.] An inferior olive size having a woody pulp and a large clingstone pit, growing in the mountainous and high-valley districts around the city of Moron, in Spain.
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996

moron

\Mo"ron\, n. (Pedagogy) <b>A person whose intellectual development proceeds normally up to about the eighth year of age and is then arrested so that there is little or no further development.</b>
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996

moron

n : <b>a person of subnormal intelligence [syn: idiot, imbecile, cretin, changeling, half-wit, retard] </b>

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by dhlucke on 02/19/02 09:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
um u said 3 years ago... that wasn't even close. that was around the time of 600mhz katmai p3s. i think a 1ghz would've been extreme. you talked out of your ass and are spreading amd fud so STFU.

Again, thats the pot calling the kettle black if I ever saw it!

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
um u said 3 years ago... that wasn't even close. that was around the time of 600mhz katmai p3s.
I think at that time the highest was Pentium II Deschutes 400MHz.
<b><A HREF="http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/98q2/980503/index.html" target="_new">Source</A></b>

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.