MN-700 and WinXP VPN

I already setup a forward for port 1723 but I still can't connect a VPN thru
my router. Any idea of what could be the problem? Is anyone here using
Windows XP VPN?

Thanks you all,
Alex
3 answers Last reply
More about winxp

    Alex,
    The MN-700 does not seem to work as a VPN endpoint. I don't think it
    passes GRE 47.

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

    Are you sure? Microsoft states that MN-700 has VPN passthrough :(
    http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=13194ee9-f7e7-4785-9cbf-f5ed24e8eff4&type=ovr

    Alex

    "Barb Bowman [MVP-Windows]" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Alex,
    > The MN-700 does not seem to work as a VPN endpoint. I don't think it
    > passes GRE 47.
    >
    > On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 09:54:58 -0500, <Alex> wrote:
    >
    >>I already setup a forward for port 1723 but I still can't connect a VPN
    >>thru
    >>my router. Any idea of what could be the problem? Is anyone here using
    >>Windows XP VPN?
    >>
    >>Thanks you all,
    >>Alex
    >>

    > --
    > Barb Bowman
    > Expert Zone Columnist
    > MS-MVP (Windows)

    Outbound passthrough yes. (and some folks have reported issues with
    some VPN clients even with outbound).

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

Routers Hardware VPN Microsoft Networking