AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Friday nights menu:

<A HREF="http://www.hardocp.com/new_img_02/feb/deadhorse.html" target="_new">horsemeat rare, please!</A>

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yes, another person who doesn't know how to set up watercooling correctly.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
LoL, your home page is set to

<A HREF="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=fried+athlon+pictures" target="_new">http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=fried+athlon+pictures</A>

Isnt it meltdown.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
that sites doesnt give too many pics of fried athlons, and this will give a number of pictures of fried _______s too!

<A HREF="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=fried+pentium+pictures" target="_new">http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=fried+pentium+pictures</A>

girish

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

Intel_inside

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
that sites doesnt give too many pics of fried athlons, and this will give a number of pictures of fried _______s too!

what does fried underscores have to do with anything?

<i>My life wasn't complete untill I tried sse-2 optimized pong</i>

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
You're stressing his mental capacity there. :wink:

Back on topic...if this Athlon got fried, then where are the scorch marks? This one probably just got dislodged from the packaging somehow. Some dufus used thermal epoxy, or thermal tape that happened to work like superglue.

<i>If a server crashes in a server farm and no one pings it, does it still cost four figures to fix?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
damn! nice core...
wish they would include a story with it... i do so love these tales of wow (or moron inspired stupidity)

P.S. u need a couple more exclimation marks in the title... 3 just doesnt cut it anymore :wink:

Overclocked athlon 1200C @ 8.5 x 166FSB + PC2700 = GOOD! :smile:

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
i saw someone managed to fry a celleron once... beats me how they did it with all that thermal protection. morons know no limits it seems

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Saturday mornings breakfast in bed menu:

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=profile&mode=viewprofile&internal=1&username=AmdMELTDOWN" target="_new">useless posting, and lots of it</A>

The holder of <i>this</i> pass is <b>exempt</b> from all forms of <font color=red>flaming</font color=red>.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i have also seen a fried P-III, those half witted computer *technicians* who dont know what they are doing. from circumstancial evidances, I think the person assembling the system was too afraid of the pressure you have to apply the Intel HSF on the CPU, so he had removed the clip, straightened it and put it back on! I guess the CPU was tray packed and he had that cheap HSF on it.

yes, morons are very good at doing what the sane think impossible!

thats why I say...

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yes you could fill in the blanks with anything, fried Intel Pentiums, Cyrix M-IIs, Intel Pentium-IIs and Celerons, AMD Athlons (thats taken) and Intel P3s.

I would really like to see a P4 fried, that would be the ultimate moron who could defy Intel's imaginative crafty trick of the P4 TCC!!!

girish

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Auto Reply Form V1.1

Dear:

[ ] Clueless Newbie
[ ] Lamer
[ ] Flamer
[ ] Pervert
[ ] Geek
[ ] Spammer
[ ] Racist
[ ] Jackass
[ ] Troller
[ ] Fundamentalist
[ ] Satanist
[ ] "Expert"
[ ] Wannabe
[ ] Dumbass
[ ] Waste of Skin/Gray matter/Blood
[x] Other: Troll

You Are Being Flamed Because:

[ ] You imported another debate into this post
[ ] You obviously don't know anything about the topic at hand
[ ] You posted another 'Top 10' post.
[ ] You posted a 'Religion' post
[x] You started a long, stupid thread
[ ] You continued spreading a long, stupid thread
[ ] Your post is absurdly off topic for where you posted it
[ ] Your lack of understanding of the fundamentals is disgusting
[ ] You posted a 'Lord of the Rings' post
[ ] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message
[x] You posted low-IQ flamebait
[ ] You posted a blatantly obvious troll
[ ] You followed up to a blatantly obvious troll
[ ] You said "X rules, Y sucks" and gave no support for your lame statement
[ ] You make no sense
[x] You made a post yet failed to say anything
[ ] Your sig/alias/avatar is dreadful
[ ] Your post contained nothing but psycho-babble.
[ ] You are claiming that you know more than Newton, Ohm, Pavlov, etc.
[ ] Your awful markup made the post unreadable
[ ] You made a baseless assertion
[ ] You posted SCREAMING in RANDOM CAPS (OR IN ALL CAPS) for NO APPARENT REASON
[ ] YoU tYpEd SoMeThInG lAmE lIkE tHiS
[ ] You say your 'L33t liek Jeffk.', Or your spelling is so bad that no one can read it.
[ ] You didn't do anything specific, but appear to be so generally worthless that you are being flamed anyway

To Repent, You Must:

[ ] Refrain from posting until you have a vague idea what you're doing
[ ] Stop masturbating for a week
[ ] Read every group you posted to for a week
[ ] Give up your AOL account
[ ] Bust up your modem with a hammer and eat it
[ ] Tell your Mommy to up your medication
[ ] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor (monitor must be plugged in)
[x] Actually post something relevant
[ ] Read and memorize the FAQ
[ ] Print your home phone number in your ads
[ ] Be the guest of honor in alt.flame for a month

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:

[ ] Blow me
[ ] Get a clue
[ ] Get a life
[x] Go away
[ ] Grow up
[ ] Never post again
[ ] I pity your dog
[ ] You need to seek psychiatric help
[ ] Morons like you give ammo to pro-censorship morons
[ ] Yer momma's so fat/stupid/ugly that etc...
[ ] Take your gibberish somewhere else
[x] Go back to school and actually learn something
[ ] Learn how to post or get off the site
[ ] All of the above

"Why can't I be the man? I mean, I DO have harmony balls..." -epoth

Intel_inside

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
I would like to see a fried p4 as well. If someone can fry that chip they deserve a prize.

Kelledin: go away troll

<i>My life wasn't complete untill I tried sse-2 optimized pong</i>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
On the troll scale, you far outrank kelledin intel_, so please, refrain from calling the kettle black during your stay at THGF, thankyou have a nice day.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
sweeeet!
love your post. very funny.

to intel_inside:
how is kelledin a troll?
he said 2 things.

the first was a joke, as denoted by the winkey face at the end.
the second was just asking where were the scorch marks one would expect from a meltdown?

come to think of it, it does look more like a glue on job than anything else... only way one course remove the entire core like that.

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"I would really like to see a P4 fried, that would be the ultimate moron who could defy Intel's imaginative crafty trick of the P4 TCC!!!"

so I take it that you're having trouble accomplishing that feat, would a couple of IQ pts help you in anyway?

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
Hm...

[ ] Troller
[x] Other: Troll

It looks to me like he did not fill out his own form correctly. :)

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you are giving me your IQ pts?

"I would really like to see a P4 fried, that would be the ultimate moron who could defy Intel's imaginative crafty trick of the P4 TCC!!!"

- means Intel has done too good a job at making the P4 virtually indestructible, BUT there are some perverse souls who can disable the TCC from BIOS because they think it will slow down the P4.

Intel has already taken care of heat sink problems that the TCC is known to work as shown in Tom's video. I would also invite you read my own investigative article on the video <A HREF="http://www.64bits.org/cpuheat/cpuheat1.htm" target="_new">here</A> and answer the questions asked in the end. I am sure you wont care to read or dare to answer, so here are the questions:

<b>*</b> Why does the P4 2000 MHz at the THG labs throttle itself down at just 29°C, when we see the same chip working at over 50°C everyday?
<b>*</b> Why does the P-III 1000 MHz at the THG labs freeze at just 38°C, when we are working on processors running at well over 45~50°C all day?
<b>*</b> Why do the Athlons look so clean before test and scary afterwards? How does this white thermal paste spread over its die surface as well as around its vicinity? And where does so much of it come from?
<b>*</b> Can the temperature really reach this high (assuming ambient of 25°C) to 370°C within 5 seconds, that is at a rate of approximately <b>70°C/sec</b>!?
<b>*</b> If the rate of rise of temperature this high renders the diode useless, then why do we have to use that diode? Why cannot the Thermal Control Circuit on the motherboard react to fast temperature changes when a similar circuit in the P4 does exactly that?
<b>*</b> What is in the P4 that allows it to monitor and react to temperature rise of even this catastrophic scale?

a challenge for your IQ? BTW mine is 135, but I dont believe such schemes, nor the EQ and other crap.

girish

TRENDING THREADS