Microsoft Puts $250K Bounty on Worm Author

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Wanna get rich? Say: "I did it!", go to jail for 2 years, and live off the 250K you just earned for 3 or 4 years!

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]Wanna get rich? Say: "I did it!", go to jail for 2 years, and live off the 250K you just earned for 3 or 4 years![/citation]
You wouldn't go to jail, you'd go to prison, and if I know anything about what it's like to be in prison, I'm pretty sure $250,000 isn't worth 2 years in there to anybody.

saturn77

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]Wanna get rich? Say: "I did it!", go to jail for 2 years, and live off the 250K you just earned for 3 or 4 years![/citation]
In the U.S., you can't profit from your crimes.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
What is needed is a bounty on the developer who was responsible for the bug in the OS in the first place. It's like soaking yourself in gasoline and then complaining when someone downwind of you lights up a cigarette.

G

"In the U.S., you can't profit from your crimes."

Unless you are in Congress or in politics, then you can parlay not paying taxes into a position in the Obama administration. Or you could go to work for the Democratic machine in Illinois.

But for the most part, you are right :)

ozarkamax

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]What is needed is a bounty on the developer who was responsible for the bug in the OS in the first place. It's like soaking yourself in gasoline and then complaining when someone downwind of you lights up a cigarette.[/citation]

except soaking yourself in gasoline is not due to human error/ oversight. your anger towards software developers seems unfounded.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
The only reason why Sven Jaschan was ever found to be the author of NetSky and Sasser is because he bragged to friends. This won't be any different if they find those responsible. So its very unlikely that the authors will ever be found unless they are complete fools.

Milleman

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
"Some of the infected systems have been reported to be within the British and French military."

Haven't those people learned anything about security? Amazing that they still doesn't use Linux in something that is important for their countries security.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I resent the comments jhansonxi made from the depths of my heart. As an imperfect human and developer it's impossible to write perfect code - IMPOSSIBLE. Go after the people trying to do harm and don't even mention holding the OS developers accountable you bastard. I guarantee Microsoft Windows is one complex little bit of code and I'm sure the developers try their very best.

Microsoft offering the bounty is pretty cool in my opinion. They have class, balls and the financial stability to pull it off. More of us need to stand behind Microsoft, for all the bashing they get they are a good company and have done more for computing than probably all other companies combined.

*I don't work for them and am not a fanboy despite my pro comments here.

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]p05esto[/nom]I resent the comments jhansonxi made from the depths of my heart. As an imperfect human and developer it's impossible to write perfect code - IMPOSSIBLE. Go after the people trying to do harm and don't even mention holding the OS developers accountable you bastard. I guarantee Microsoft Windows is one complex little bit of code and I'm sure the developers try their very best.Microsoft offering the bounty is pretty cool in my opinion. They have class, balls and the financial stability to pull it off. More of us need to stand behind Microsoft, for all the bashing they get they are a good company and have done more for computing than probably all other companies combined.*I don't work for them and am not a fanboy despite my pro comments here.[/citation]
oh my god it's the savior

1raflo

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]What is needed is a bounty on the developer who was responsible for the bug in the OS in the first place. It's like soaking yourself in gasoline and then complaining when someone downwind of you lights up a cigarette.[/citation]

Its obvious that you dont have idea how to write code,and what it means.

G

Jhansonxi what your saying is the person who wrote the worm did it by complete accident. . . .

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008

No, it's more like accidentally spilling some gas on your pants while filling up your car, then getting pissed because some immature ass, with a hairspray blowtorch, decided to light you ass on fire.

You didn't intentionally get gas on yourself, but some ass not only intended to light you on fire, but did it to be malicious.

G

I like to see people who wrote the antivirusxxx fake spyware procecuted too.
That darn thing is so annoying.

spearhead

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
cool i hope they can learn these worm makers that crime dousn't pay!
I hope they will send a bounty hunter to obtain the bounty. Bush his cowboy laws made it possible for bounty hunters to break in to houses cars and everything without Infringement of the law. they are even allowed to kidnap people if they dont pay there BAiL this i personaly find bounty hunters inhuman and would like to see laws changed but i live in the netherlands and we have beter human rights anyway. But for these true criminals a bountyhunter would be a good punishment maybe they should send Leonard Padilla and his partner Rob Dick on there tail. :D

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]aevm[/nom]Microsoft should hire the guy after he's caught. I bet he can help them improve code security.[/citation]

either that or cut off his hands and see if he ever types again...

Status
Not open for further replies.