My hard drive crashed (Toshiba Satellite) and I don't have a Win 7 installaton disc; I did back up my data prior to crash, .
I've done the following:
- Bought and installed a Seagate HDD (1T)
- Created a bootable Flash Drive with X17-58997 iso (Win 7). I used Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.
- Plugged USB Flash Drive to laptop with new HDD and turned on power
- Pressed F2, went into BIOS, selected Flash Drive as first option to boot from, saved configuration.
- When system started it did not recognize the Flash Drive...
More about :flash drive install windows home premium recognized flash