Beware, for this could happen to YOU!

Last response: in Video Games
June 4, 2005 4:31:28 PM

Seriously, check it out.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp

Laszlo

More about : beware happen

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 6:05:27 PM

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
> Seriously, check it out.
>
> http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
>
> Laszlo

Thanks for the laugh. I've been gaming off and on for twenty years,
now, and NOTHING like this has EVER happened.

Learn a thing or two about something before declaring it evil.

Ralph Glatt

Member, Old Farts Club
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 6:58:33 PM

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
> Seriously, check it out.
>
> http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
>
> Laszlo

Here, to assist the lazy, I've made a Geocities write-up of it with
line breaks, which you can find at
http://www.geocities.com/m_vssy/dnd.htm. I especially love when he
says that wargaming is ok, as it simply gives you wartime strategies,
but that the one-on-one violence of D&D is satanic.
June 4, 2005 7:56:38 PM

julian814 wrote:
> laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
> > Seriously, check it out.
> >
> > http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
> >
> > Laszlo
>
> Thanks for the laugh.

Laugh? LAUGH?

If you laugh at my warning, you are LAUGHING AT JESUS.

You do NOT LAUGH at JESUS. HE is HARDCORE. He will JACK YOU UP. You
ever heard of Hell? Huh?

> I've been gaming off and on for twenty years,
> now, and NOTHING like this has EVER happened.

Maybe you just haven't reached level 8. Ever think of that?

> Learn a thing or two about something before declaring it evil.

I HAVE. I have once myself been in the GRIP of the OCCULT!!!!

Read between the lines. You must DISCERN the TRUTH!

> Ralph Glatt

Laszlo
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 8:19:19 PM

Quentin Stephens wrote:
> laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote in news:1117913483.077276.60320
> @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Seriously, check it out.
> >
> > http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
>
> Troll.

Autist.

Laszlo
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 8:40:09 PM

wrote on 4 Jun 2005 12:31:28 -0700:
> Seriously, check it out.
>
> http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp

I suspect most readers of this group have encountered "Dark Dungeons"
before; the tract is, after all, over 20 years old. A pity Jack Chick
has not updated it for 3E.

Since we're digging up these old relics, I'll direct your attention to
"Entertainment Or Death", specifically CHAPTER 5 ROLE-PLAYING GAMES.

> http://web.archive.org/web/20031123182957/http://church...

(scroll down)

"As you enter the dungeon, you and the other members may talk to each
other, but only the leader may question the dungeon master."

"The average player will spend five hours of preparation during the week
prior to the actual game day researching spells or weapons."

(And an additional 15 hours engaged in r.g.f.dnd flamewars.)

--
"I'm warning you. I'm going to get angry. D'you see? You're not wanted.
Understand? We are going to have fun on this island. Understand? We are

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote in news:1117925798.372304.304570
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Laugh? LAUGH?
>
> If you laugh at my warning, you are LAUGHING AT JESUS.

Of course I laugh at Jesus, he was the orginal pot smoking hippie.

> You do NOT LAUGH at JESUS. HE is HARDCORE. He will JACK YOU UP. You
> ever heard of Hell? Huh?
>
>> I've been gaming off and on for twenty years,
>> now, and NOTHING like this has EVER happened.
>
> Maybe you just haven't reached level 8. Ever think of that?
>
>> Learn a thing or two about something before declaring it evil.
>
> I HAVE. I have once myself been in the GRIP of the OCCULT!!!!

Did they use a nice scented lube? Was it a soft gentle grip, or a tight
firm one?

> Read between the lines. You must DISCERN the TRUTH!

I lost my magic decoder ring, I am currently waiting for a replacement
one.
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 11:15:36 PM

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
> Quentin Stephens wrote:
> > laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote in news:1117913483.077276.60320
> > @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
> >
> > > Seriously, check it out.
> > >
> > > http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
> >
> > Troll.
>
> Autist.

Fnord.
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 11:30:33 PM

On 4 Jun 2005 15:56:38 -0700, laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

>julian814 wrote:
>> laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
>> > Seriously, check it out.
>> >
>> > http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
>> >
>> > Laszlo
>>
>> Thanks for the laugh.
>
>Laugh? LAUGH?
>
>If you laugh at my warning, you are LAUGHING AT JESUS.
>
>You do NOT LAUGH at JESUS. HE is HARDCORE. He will JACK YOU UP. You
>ever heard of Hell? Huh?

According to the descriptions of him I would call him Lawful Evil.
Even if I thought he existed I sure wouldn't worship him.
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 1:02:45 AM

Rast <rast2@hotmail.com> wrote in

> wrote on 4 Jun 2005 12:31:28 -0700:
>> Seriously, check it out.
>>
>> http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
>
> I suspect most readers of this group have encountered "Dark Dungeons"
> before; the tract is, after all, over 20 years old. A pity Jack Chick
> has not updated it for 3E.
>
> Since we're digging up these old relics, I'll direct your attention to
> "Entertainment Or Death", specifically CHAPTER 5 ROLE-PLAYING GAMES.
>
>> http://web.archive.org/web/20031123182957/http://church...
>> ks/eod.txt
>
> (scroll down)
>

> "As you enter the dungeon, you and the other members may talk to each
> other, but only the leader may question the dungeon master."
>
> "The average player will spend five hours of preparation during the
> week prior to the actual game day researching spells or weapons."
>
> (And an additional 15 hours engaged in r.g.f.dnd flamewars.)

It's a pity the (lack of) formatting makes it literally unreadable. It
looks entertaining.

--
Terry Austin
http://www.hyperbooks.com/

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 16:40:09 -0400, Rast <rast2@hotmail.com> scribed into
the ether:

> wrote on 4 Jun 2005 12:31:28 -0700:
>> Seriously, check it out.
>>
>> http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
>
>I suspect most readers of this group have encountered "Dark Dungeons"
>before; the tract is, after all, over 20 years old. A pity Jack Chick
>has not updated it for 3E.
>
>Since we're digging up these old relics, I'll direct your attention to
>"Entertainment Or Death", specifically CHAPTER 5 ROLE-PLAYING GAMES.
>
>> http://web.archive.org/web/20031123182957/http://church...
>
>(scroll down)
>

>"As you enter the dungeon, you and the other members may talk to each
>other, but only the leader may question the dungeon master."
>
>"The average player will spend five hours of preparation during the week
>prior to the actual game day researching spells or weapons."
>
>(And an additional 15 hours engaged in r.g.f.dnd flamewars.)

Nothing could be worth doing that much scrolling in order to read.
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 4:17:26 AM

Terry Austin wrote:
> Rast <rast2@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> wrote on 4 Jun 2005 12:31:28 -0700:
>>> Seriously, check it out.
>>>
>>> http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
>>
>> I suspect most readers of this group have encountered "Dark Dungeons"
>> before; the tract is, after all, over 20 years old. A pity Jack
>> Chick has not updated it for 3E.
>>
>> Since we're digging up these old relics, I'll direct your attention
>> to "Entertainment Or Death", specifically CHAPTER 5 ROLE-PLAYING
>> GAMES.
>>
>>> http://web.archive.org/web/20031123182957/http://church...
>>> ks/eod.txt
>>
>> (scroll down)
>>

>> "As you enter the dungeon, you and the other members may talk to each
>> other, but only the leader may question the dungeon master."
>>
>> "The average player will spend five hours of preparation during the
>> week prior to the actual game day researching spells or weapons."
>>
>> (And an additional 15 hours engaged in r.g.f.dnd flamewars.)
>>
> It's a pity the (lack of) formatting makes it literally unreadable. It
> looks entertaining.

Since it's a textfile, you could probably right-click the link to save it
and open it in Notepad. Personally, I'd prefer not to save it to my system.

--
Mark.
Anonymous

Ubiquitous wrote:

> laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
>

>>Seriously, check it out.
>>http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
>

> You mean I've been playing the WRONG game all these years?

Is the MST3K version of this still available?

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 10:25:37 AM

"Mark Blunden" <m.blundenATntlworld.com@address.invalid> wrote in

> Terry Austin wrote:
>> Rast <rast2@hotmail.com> wrote in

>>> I suspect most readers of this group have encountered "Dark
>>> Dungeons" before; the tract is, after all, over 20 years old. A
>>> pity Jack Chick has not updated it for 3E.
>>>
>>> Since we're digging up these old relics, I'll direct your attention
>>> to "Entertainment Or Death", specifically CHAPTER 5 ROLE-PLAYING
>>> GAMES.

>>> (scroll down)
>>>

>>> "As you enter the dungeon, you and the other members may talk to
>>> each other, but only the leader may question the dungeon master."
>>>
>>> "The average player will spend five hours of preparation during the
>>> week prior to the actual game day researching spells or weapons."
>>>
>>> (And an additional 15 hours engaged in r.g.f.dnd flamewars.)
>>>
>> It's a pity the (lack of) formatting makes it literally unreadable.
>> It looks entertaining.
>
> Since it's a textfile, you could probably right-click the link to save
> it and open it in Notepad. Personally, I'd prefer not to save it to my
> system.

Far too much trouble for the minimal entertainment value. I can see nearly
as looney of rantings here.

--
Terry Austin
http://www.hyperbooks.com/
Campaign Cartographer Now Available
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 4:57:27 PM

Quiggy wrote:

> Werebat wrote:
>
>>Ubiquitous wrote:

>>>You mean I've been playing the WRONG game all these years?
>>
>>Is the MST3K version of this still available?
>>
>> - Ron ^*^
>

> Yes, it is.
> http://www.rpglibrary.org/inspiration/darkdungeons/page...

Ah, good. Funny stuff, that.

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 9:35:00 PM

"Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message

> Quiggy wrote:
>

>> Werebat wrote:

>>>Is the MST3K version of this still available?
>>>
>>> - Ron ^*^
>>

>> Yes, it is.
>> http://www.rpglibrary.org/inspiration/darkdungeons/page...
>
> Ah, good. Funny stuff, that.
>
> - Ron ^*^

Related thing here, had become housing disadvantaged for awhile and left my
stuff left with a friend wilst looking for a new place. They go 'born
again', Jesus saved me' and sell my, now suddenly satanic, things (Stephen
King novels, Magic:TCG, D&D books and dice). When I *finally* got a new
place to live, I go to reclaim my belongings and find out this lovely fact
and that 'it was for a good cause, our daughter needed new school clothes'.
When I accuse them of theft they pull this abandonment law on me, say that
after 90 days anything left in another person's place without a formal
contract regarding things like items left and amount being paid to utilize
the space where the items are being stored(blah, blah). grrr
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 9:35:01 PM

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 17:35:00 GMT, "Jerry Chesko"
<res7g0hd@verizon.net> wrote:

>Related thing here, had become housing disadvantaged for awhile and left my
>stuff left with a friend wilst looking for a new place. They go 'born
>again', Jesus saved me' and sell my, now suddenly satanic, things (Stephen
>King novels, Magic:TCG, D&D books and dice). When I *finally* got a new
>place to live, I go to reclaim my belongings and find out this lovely fact
>and that 'it was for a good cause, our daughter needed new school clothes'.
>When I accuse them of theft they pull this abandonment law on me, say that
>after 90 days anything left in another person's place without a formal
>contract regarding things like items left and amount being paid to utilize
>the space where the items are being stored(blah, blah). grrr

I don't think that excuses them--I think there's an obligation to try
to notify you.

I'd be inclined to report it to the police as theft.
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 9:35:01 PM

Jerry Chesko wrote:
> "Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message
>

>>Quiggy wrote:

>>>Yes, it is.
>>>http://www.rpglibrary.org/inspiration/darkdungeons/page...
>>
>>Ah, good. Funny stuff, that.
>>
>> - Ron ^*^
>

> Related thing here, had become housing disadvantaged for awhile and left my
> stuff left with a friend wilst looking for a new place. They go 'born
> again', Jesus saved me' and sell my, now suddenly satanic, things (Stephen
> King novels, Magic:TCG, D&D books and dice). When I *finally* got a new
> place to live, I go to reclaim my belongings and find out this lovely fact
> and that 'it was for a good cause, our daughter needed new school clothes'.
> When I accuse them of theft they pull this abandonment law on me, say that
> after 90 days anything left in another person's place without a formal
> contract regarding things like items left and amount being paid to utilize
> the space where the items are being stored(blah, blah). grrr

That sounds very Christian of them!

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 9:50:45 PM

<res7g0hd@verizon.net> wrote:

>Related thing here, had become housing disadvantaged for awhile and left my
>stuff left with a friend wilst looking for a new place. They go 'born
>again', Jesus saved me' and sell my, now suddenly satanic, things (Stephen
>King novels, Magic:TCG, D&D books and dice).

Wouldn't selling this satanic paraphernalia be an evil act? You should
have pointed out to them that they'd contributed to the corruption of
some other poor soul for personal gain. And I guess "Thou shalt not
steal" doesn't apply when your kid's clothes are too old for them to
be seen in polite society.
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 11:38:49 PM

On 5 Jun 2005 08:15:32 -0700, "Quiggy" <quiggy@gmail.com> scribed into the
ether:

>Werebat wrote:
>> Ubiquitous wrote:

>> > You mean I've been playing the WRONG game all these years?
>>
>> Is the MST3K version of this still available?
>>
>> - Ron ^*^
>
>Yes, it is.
>http://www.rpglibrary.org/inspiration/darkdungeons/page...

I saw a spoofed version of it once where someone just went in an replaced
the dialogue, but this was WAY better.

I wish Comedy Central still showed MST3K...
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 12:03:18 AM

Jerry Chesko wrote:

> When I accuse them of theft they pull this abandonment law on me, say that
> after 90 days anything left in another person's place without a formal
> contract regarding things like items left and amount being paid to utilize
> the space where the items are being stored(blah, blah). grrr

I'd have sued. And I'd have won, too. There are a number of nuances
to that law which they were ignoring.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

"Quiggy" <quiggy@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > You mean I've been playing the WRONG game all these
>> > years?
>>
>> Is the MST3K version of this still available?
>>
>> - Ron ^*^
>
> Yes, it is.
> http://www.rpglibrary.org/inspiration/darkdungeons/page...

As long as we're dusting off the old Dark Dungeon parodies:

Darque Dungeon
http://www.epsilonminus.com/darquedungeon/
Was funnier a few years back when the Goth fad was still
going strong but still worth a chuckle.

And here's a comic in the Jack Chick style called Who Will
Be Eaten First?
http://www.geocities.com/tribhis/cthulhutract.html

--

-smithdoerr
Anonymous

"Sea Wasp" <seaobviouswasp@sgeobviousinc.com> wrote in message
> Jerry Chesko wrote:
>
>> When I accuse them of theft they pull this abandonment law on me, say
>> that after 90 days anything left in another person's place without a
>> formal contract regarding things like items left and amount being paid to
>> utilize the space where the items are being stored(blah, blah). grrr
>
> I'd have sued. And I'd have won, too. There are a number of nuances to
> that law which they were ignoring.

Had I thought of that I would have, but t'is now sadly ancient history.

Thanks for the support, Wasp

--==--
Jerry Chesko
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 4:57:16 AM

"julian814" <julian814@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
>> Seriously, check it out.
>>
>> http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
>>
>> Laszlo
>
> Thanks for the laugh. I've been gaming off and on for twenty
> years,
> now, and NOTHING like this has EVER happened.

Yeah, our RPG sessions were never GMed by someone as sexy as Ms.
Frost either...

--

-smithdoerr
Anonymous

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
> julian814 wrote:
> > laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
> > > Seriously, check it out.
> > >
> > > http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
> > >
> > > Laszlo
> >
> > Thanks for the laugh.
>
> Laugh? LAUGH?
>
> If you laugh at my warning, you are LAUGHING AT JESUS.
>
> You do NOT LAUGH at JESUS. HE is HARDCORE. He will JACK YOU UP. You
> ever heard of Hell? Huh?

I don't believe in the afterlife. I'm a humanist. Jesus was pretty
cool, but I think a lot of people have forgotten when he said. "Love
others as I have loved you."

> > I've been gaming off and on for twenty years,
> > now, and NOTHING like this has EVER happened.
>
> Maybe you just haven't reached level 8. Ever think of that?
>
> > Learn a thing or two about something before declaring it evil.
>
> I HAVE. I have once myself been in the GRIP of the OCCULT!!!!

And now you are in the grip of fundamentalist loonies who really have
no grasp at what Jesus was about.

> Read between the lines. You must DISCERN the TRUTH!

The truth is, when we die, that's the end of it. If you're lucky,
people will remember you for the things you did, and might possibly
carry on with your ideas, but other than that, you're done.

Ralph Glatt

Member, Old Farts Club
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 2:05:08 PM

Ubiquitous wrote:
> laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
>
> >Seriously, check it out.
> >http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
>
> You mean I've been playing the WRONG game all these years?

You can find the lite version here.

http://www.darkdungeon.ws/

If you're lucky, you *might* be able to convince the authors to let you
in on the full blown version, though they seem to be more or less
self-centered dicks to me.

Ralph Glatt

Member, Old Farts Club
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 10:09:26 PM

On 6 Jun 2005 09:58:31 -0700, "julian814" <julian814@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
>> julian814 wrote:

>> > Thanks for the laugh.
>>
>> Laugh? LAUGH?
>>
>> If you laugh at my warning, you are LAUGHING AT JESUS.
>>
>> You do NOT LAUGH at JESUS. HE is HARDCORE. He will JACK YOU UP. You
>> ever heard of Hell? Huh?
>
>I don't believe in the afterlife. I'm a humanist. Jesus was pretty
>cool, but I think a lot of people have forgotten when he said.

Why are you talking seriously to someone making a joke?
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 1:09:18 AM

In news:%9Goe.34296$Fv.22285@lakeread01,
Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> typed:
>> Yes, it is.
>> http://www.rpglibrary.org/inspiration/darkdungeons/page...
> Ah, good. Funny stuff, that.

Hard to decide which is more lame, the tract or the commentators teen-nerd
"humour". :)

--
T. Koivula
Anonymous

David Johnston wrote:
> On 6 Jun 2005 09:58:31 -0700, "julian814" <julian814@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

> >> Laugh? LAUGH?
> >>
> >> If you laugh at my warning, you are LAUGHING AT JESUS.
> >>
> >> You do NOT LAUGH at JESUS. HE is HARDCORE. He will JACK YOU UP. You
> >> ever heard of Hell? Huh?
> >
> >I don't believe in the afterlife. I'm a humanist. Jesus was pretty
> >cool, but I think a lot of people have forgotten when he said.
>
> Why are you talking seriously to someone making a joke?

Well, finally, someone. :)

I'd have thought my "maybe you just haven't reached level 8" comment
would have made it obvious enough, but apparently not.

Laszlo
!