Many programs "has stopped working" and BSOD's

potsnpans

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Hey guys,

Basically I just recently set up a new system and installed Windows 7 on it. This is where my first errors occured, getting a installation error on the first try of intalling Win7. I had a look through the web trying to troubleshoot this and got through the installation the second time around.

However, after having the computer for a week now it has been acting wierd all throughout with various errors and blue screens showing up every now and then.

I have been getting Blue Screens, Explorer, IExplorer, COM Surrogate and Windows Defender-has stopped working, even my sfc /scannow has been aborted due to error... This is my very first experience with this type of problem and I haven't really found anyone with a clue about this yet.

My Event Viewer is full of Error Event ID 1000, Source code 100, with Source stated as Application and my Avira Antivir Personal antivirus software. It should be noted that prior to Avira I had Avast antivirus installed, so I don't suspect the usual antivirus issue. I have also disabled DEP through cmd.exe but today i got another "iexplorer has stopped working", so I'm worried that the issue isn't resolved.

potsnpans

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Ok I haven't solved this yet and it is becoming quite confusing as to what may be the cause.

To recap what the problem is and what I've done to date:

- I've ran Memtest86 for 5 passes with 0 errors and no issues.
- I've done a CHKDSK /f and /r with no damaged or corrupt files.
- I've tried 3 different Antiviruses and fully scanned the system with each one of them. In chronological order: Avast, Avira and MSE(current antivirus).
- I've updated BIOS and any driver I could possibly come to think of.

The problem and details from Event Viewer:

- I'm getting "has stopped working" on everything from Explorer, Iexplorer, Windows Defender, my antivirus software and COM Surrogate. It only happens on somecomputer sessions (as in really unpredictable behaviour). Sometimes Explorer keeps restarting over and over again for 10 minutes until I force a system restart.
- I've had different BSOD's turning up every now and then. Although I don't know how to interpret/read these saved .dmp files from BSOD, I've compiled them in a .rar. (Cant seem to attach files here though).

Event Viewer:
Most of the errors are application errors with the ID 1000 Source code 100, with some ID 1005.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event ID 1000"Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16450, time stamp: 0x4aebab8d
Faulting module name: UIAnimation.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5be072
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x000000000000317c
Faulting process id: 0x9d4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cafc857996c86e
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\UIAnimation.dll
Report Id: bb9fb8ae-6878-11df-b4a6-6cf04976b922"

Event ID 1005 "Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Windows Explorer because of this error.

Program: Windows Explorer
File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0"

Event ID 1000 "Faulting application name: msseces.exe, version: 1.0.1961.0, time stamp: 0x4b812822
Faulting module name: msseces.exe, version: 1.0.1961.0, time stamp: 0x4b812822
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x000000000006667c
Faulting process id: 0xfb0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cafc8367a7b8b3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\msseces.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\msseces.exe
Report Id: a678b344-6876-11df-9bf3-6cf04976b922"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a 3 week old system, built by myself with the experience of 2 other self built systems, fully functional.

My specs are:
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, HDD: Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB HD502HJ, MOBO: Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630, RAM: G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ (2x2GB) DDR3, GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD5670 1GB Overclocked, PSU: Antec Neo Eco 520C 520W Power Supply.

Now, does anyone have a freakin' clue as to what is causing this?

Greatly appreciate any help!

TRENDING THREADS