Solved

Best 13.3" laptop currently available?

Hi all.
Best specced 13.3" laptop currently available?
(That's 13.3". Not 12, not 14. Just 13. So no Alienware M14x suggestions pls)

Unlimited budget

My current knowledge points towards laptops like:
Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG
Dell Vostro 3350

Any other suggestions?
Thanks
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best laptop available
  1. Best answer
  2. WR2 said:
    A few more to look at for comparison:
    Samsung Series 9
    Sony Vaio VPC-S
    Dell Latitude E6320

Thanks. Would you happen to know where/how one can find a Vaio VPCSA290X in Canada? Been trawling the internet for ages and can't find it, as I believe it is still relatively new?
  3. Sony Canada webstore

Sony does some strange stuff with it's model number suffix. They keep changing them for no reason I can see. You can try searching for Vaio VPC-S or Vaio VPC-SA and probably get more hits from a shopping engine.
  4. With me looking for something similar recently and wanting fast graphics card, I found that Acer you mention without competition with its Nvidia GeForce 540. All other laptops of this size have inferior cards.
  5. mcvf said:
    All other laptops of this size have inferior cards.
    IdeaPad Y470 Laptop 14" $669
    Core i3-2310M & GT 550M graphics card.

i5-2410M & GT 550M model $749.
  6. WR2 said:
    Sony Canada webstore

Sony does some strange stuff with it's model number suffix. They keep changing them for no reason I can see. You can try searching for Vaio VPC-S or Vaio VPC-SA and probably get more hits from a shopping engine.

Thanks. Checked out the Sony Canada site and they have it. Now it's all down to whether I have the guts to spend the money on it haha. They do have this very surprising deal right now (I'm sure it hasn't been marketed enough) - free 160GB PS3 with every S-Series laptop purchase. Now that's sounding like a much better deal.
  7. WR2 said:
    IdeaPad Y470 Laptop 14" $669
    Core i3-2310M & GT 550M graphics card.

i5-2410M & GT 550M model $749.

That is 14". I know that one, because I bought it. He explicitly said only 13", not 14". Read the first post first.
  8. Best answer selected by FZero.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Alienware