Sign in with
Your question

Help for read-only files and how to change them usb

Last response: in Windows 7
February 21, 2013 12:40:35 AM

Hello,
when my usb drive insert the computer show "you need to format the disk in drive J: before you can use it. Do you want to format it?" then when I select to format disk, it show "Windows can't format J Chek to see that the disk and drive are connected properly,make sure that the disk is not read-only,and then try again.For more information,search Help for read-only files and how to change them" How can format it? Please help me it

More about : read files change usb

a b $ Windows 7
February 21, 2013 7:05:46 PM

The USB drive is faulty and needs replacing with a new one.
m
l
March 31, 2013 7:47:09 AM

arena said:
Hello,
when my usb drive insert the computer show "you need to format the disk in drive J: before you can use it. Do you want to format it?" then when I select to format disk, it show "Windows can't format J Chek to see that the disk and drive are connected properly,make sure that the disk is not read-only,and then try again.For more information,search Help for read-only files and how to change them" How can format it? Please help me it

m
l
Related resources
March 31, 2013 10:12:03 PM

Hi Arena,
u didn't mention ur USB Make, Plz Post ur USB make and wich USB Drive u using. USB DVD Drive, Pen Drive or Any other plz Post.
m
l
April 17, 2013 10:18:01 AM

arena said:
Hello,

m
l
May 12, 2013 6:51:38 AM

tamer siam said:
arena said:
Hello,

m
l
July 25, 2013 2:56:20 AM

arena said:
Hello,

m
l
August 13, 2013 10:33:15 AM

ok..i had the same problems.but i tried to format them with other laptop..then it works..i dont know why..but now it im having that same problems.so if you have any other ways to do so..do inform me.
m
l
August 20, 2013 6:27:47 AM

arena said:
Hello,

m
l
November 6, 2013 10:30:27 PM

arena said:
Hello,

m
l
December 24, 2013 8:37:54 PM

arena said:
Hello,

m
l
January 3, 2014 12:12:03 AM

You can try this:
Right click your Read-only file t select "properties" and remove the mark in front of "Read-only".
m
l
May 22, 2014 6:45:34 PM

Drv Gopu said:
arena said:
Hello,

m
l
June 22, 2014 5:53:32 AM

arena said:
Hello,

m
l
!