Sign in with
Your question

Getting stuck on classpnp.sys

Last response: in Windows 7
February 21, 2013 1:35:41 AM

Hey everyone. Earlier today my second GTX 680 came in the mail. I opened up my PC to install it and after putting it in and attempting to boot my PC it gets stuck while loading windows. I tried safe mode and it got stuck on classpnp.sys. I've attempted removing my second 680, my SSD, put in a boot CD. Nothing seems to be working. Any suggestions?

More about : stuck classpnp sys

February 24, 2013 6:15:16 AM

Tested all the RAM, SSD, HDD, and optical drive. All are working fine. Thinking it has something to do with the CPU or motherboard. Not sure however. Going to see if I can boot Ubuntu off a flash drive. Any other suggestions on this would be appreciated.
m
l
February 24, 2013 6:22:44 AM

The first thing I would do would be to boot up your system as usual. Then turn it off and take out your first 680, put in your 2nd one (only) and boot it up as usual again. If the card is a working card it should go fine. If not then it might be a bad card and you just RMA it.

If it does work then obviously it would be some other problem. I would imagine dual 680's use a ton of power, what PSU have you got?
m
l
Related resources
February 24, 2013 10:53:06 PM

Changed out cards. Problem still happening.
m
l
February 25, 2013 1:02:53 AM

Ok so just to be clear. Your system worked fine with 1 gtx 680. You got another gtx 680, plugged it in (in SLI) and then the system experiences problems.

Then you tried booting with your original gtx card ONLY and it worked fine again?

Then you tried booting with you new gtx card ONLY and it worked fine?

Then you tried booting with both cards and you experienced problems?

If so, then there is an SLI problem. Anyone else have suggestions how to troubleshoot the SLI issue?
m
l
February 25, 2013 1:16:03 AM

rcfant89 said:
Ok so just to be clear. Your system worked fine with 1 gtx 680. You got another gtx 680, plugged it in (in SLI) and then the system experiences problems.

Then you tried booting with your original gtx card ONLY and it worked fine again?

Then you tried booting with you new gtx card ONLY and it worked fine?

Then you tried booting with both cards and you experienced problems?

If so, then there is an SLI problem. Anyone else have suggestions how to troubleshoot the SLI issue?

Incorrect. Was on it earlier that day it was working fine. Got home grabbed the second 680 and SLI'd it. Would not boot windows. I have not had it boot since. Original gtx card didn't work, new didn't work, both don't work.
m
l
February 28, 2013 3:14:36 AM

Still can't figure it out.
m
l
!