The purpose of this newsgroup ?

I was wondering what the purpose of this newsgroup was, I
see no support questions answered and endless issues
posted. As a un-lucky owner of a Mn-700 disconecting from
the internet after port scans, and only about 1000 other
complaints you would think Microsoft could at least reply
to some posts or offer advice. Yet post after post, no