help me piece together a new system

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Okay, a system with a budget of around $2500-$3000 (us dollars) also based on a AMD AXP2000+. I haven't been around for a while and a friend of mines is asking for my help, so i turn to you guys/gals (the people here at THG) to help me help him get the most outta that big budget. He wants whatever he can get for that price, don't ask what the system is for or whatever, he just wants top of the line products and he has money to waiste i guess, Thank You in advance.

didnt have one of em electronic pens so ill just type my name,<i>CoOoLMaNX</i>

dhlucke

Polypheme
WOW! With that budget you can easily build the most amazing computer ever or you could scale back a slight bit and blow your wad on the sony 24". So lets start with what kind of monitor he wants....

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
check this <A HREF="http://www.sharkyextreme.com/guides/MHGSBG/article.php/967981" target="_new">site</A> out.
it has a guide for building a high end gaming PC with your budget ($2500).

<A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2649487" target="_new">P4 NW + DDR</A> = <font color=blue>Not Bad</font color=blue>

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
actually i'd just like to know what parts are currently on top and so forth, i'd like to be the one to piece everything together..thanks though

didnt have one of em electronic pens so ill just type my name,<i>CoOoLMaNX</i>

I would build a system around the P4 1.6a and overclock it to the max. I'm running mine at 2.2 gigs (138 fsb at 1.6 volts). You can go with the sis 645 (my choice for ddram, so I can run the hammer when it comes out), the via p4x266, or the Intel 850 with samsung rdram. The cpu (retail boxed) is only $148(newegg). With all the leftover money, get a 21 inch monitor or LCD, Geforce 4 video card, etc. I've been running athlons for the last 3 years, and this p4 1.6a northwood runs cooler and more stable overclocked than any athlon I ever used with a stock heatsink. But as you know, at default speeds, the athlon trounces the P4.