2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15-16
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? more towards replacement
5. How much battery life do you need? im hoping for two hours.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes, current games like BBC2, Just Cause 2, and future games similar to listed such as fps or sandbox games. Would like to max out at 1080p
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Homework, lots of multitasking, and occasional harcore gaming
8. How much storage: about 500 is ideal
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Well I'm mainly looking at eBay, but having a rather hard time to choose
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
for about 4 for normal everyday use, gaming aspect ill be happy with 2 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? just basic
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I really like the way the Sony, and Toshiba are designed, don't really have much of a preference.
13. What country do you live in? Canada
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed
Hello everyone, you guys are the best to these kind of things, so heres the current problem: Since last year i have been wanting to invest in a laptop that will last me throughout college, I am currently a junior in high school, and have saved up 1200$
The ASUS G Series G53JW-XN1 would be a better choice for $1078 since it comes with the nVidia GTX 460M and is a bit more powerful than the GT 550M. It also comes with a quad core Core i7 CPU, but the downside is that it is 1.7GHz vs. the 2.3GHz Core i5.